• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

leg extention help please

my tornado kicks look horrible... i can do them, but they are horribly done, i just dont get my leg extended all the way out, so it looks all dumb and stuff... any suggestions? i was thinking maybe stretch more, but that didnt seem to help much.. or is it just naturally like that and i should just swing my leg more? help very much appreciated :karate:

edit:

i found it out on my own.. :idea: i was trying to hard basicly, i was trying to force my leg to do something that the muscle would let it do, so, i let that part of the muscle go limp, my leg became strait during the kick.. it really helped my tornado kick! :karate:

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Another thing you could do that helps me, is to do everything slow. Walk it through first even if you don't jump/get your feet off the ground. That ay you can feel where everything needs to be at each point of the kick... :roll:

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I had a friend who did the 360 round kick with a few little stutter steps that began the motion. He was quick with it, but I am not so. His also came up at a 45 degree angle. The way I do it the best is by bringing the leg around level to the ground, as opposed to the 45 degree. The only problem is that mine is slower, and takes longer to load. I do have power in it, though.

its alright, ive figured it out :P it wasnt only what i stated, mostly just balance issues... took something off a 540 round kick tutorial and used it in tornado... just lean back a bit :P i leaned back further than i was, and what do you know, i can now kick above the head with tornado :P

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"