• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I recommend training in the best style for you that is available in your area. Once you get to first or second degree it will be much easier to train long distance. At that point you might be able to train once a week or so and will have an easier time finding a training partner locally who also wants to learn long distance.

ichi-go ichi-e

一期一会

one encounter, one chance

Yeah I would say do what is local. In time you may have a chance to do others. But 200miles is a lot for anyone.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

If you are really that set on learning Hapkido, moving might be your best option. Otherwise, train locally, and maybe something will come your way.

You never know, you might meet someone training locally that has some Hapkido experience, and you could work out with them.

Well i cant move right now and there is nothing localy i have been thinking maby i could find a trainer but insteed of doing just self taugt lessons but maby opening a dojanj i do the buzness part and he teaces and i would just attend with the class

looking to learn hapkido open to any suggestions

Well i cant move right now and there is nothing localy i have been thinking maby i could find a trainer but insteed of doing just self taugt lessons but maby opening a dojanj i do the buzness part and he teaces and i would just attend with the class

If you can work a deal like that, it may be a good thing for you. However, it will depend on the demographics of the area you are marketing. There may be a reason there is no school there right now.

It depends on how much prior experience you have with the Martial Arts, and joint manipulation in general. There are a lot of nuances that you can't see and don't get explained in videos that you will miss. Those things come with time and experience.

You could always try it and see, but you will need a training partner, and you will have to be careful not to hurt your parnter. Having an instructor is always the highly recommended route to take, though.