• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Should i start Shaolin Kung Fu or stick with TKD?

Im a 9th kyu in Bujinkan, a white belt in jujitsu, and a red belt in tkd, i want to have a grappling art(jujitsu), an all around effecive art(bujinkan), and a striking art(cause bujinkan doesn't have that much emphasis on striking) , should i stick with tkd, or switch to shaolin?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Check out a class and see what it has to offer. I know that trapping is a part of most Kung-fu styles, and that is something that you probably won't see a lot of in TKD. It will just depend on what your preferences are.

I have to hand it to you, it seems like you have a lot of time to practice!

but will the kung fu be like another form of my bujinkan( locks trapping and low kicks) it may be effective but im not looking for another art like bujinkan, i want one for my fitness, jujitsu and bujinkan aren't a good work out. I considered caporiea(or however you spell it) but kung fu seems more effective.

If you are looking for fitness, then the effectiveness shouldn't matter quite so much. Boxing would keep you fit. Heck, cardiokickboxing could keep you fit. TKD sparring is good for fitness, to, though. I would just stick with what you got, then, maybe.

• 4 weeks later...

go to a gym, get in an aerobics class.

...how come you are training ninjitsu and you dont get a good workout? i had heard ninjitsu people did LOADS of exercise...

maybe i heard wrong, but, if u care to explain we could help u better...

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty