• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

my biggest... weakness ??!!

when it comes to fighting, "too much strength" is never a problem. It is actually an advantage. you have to realize when to use your strength though. As skill levels become more equal, attributes like strength become much more important because better attributes will be where you advantage comes from.

I agree here completely. Things like speed, strength, agility, always add to your various strengths, and help to overcome or hide your weaknesses.

relying on strength alone though, will make u lose against someone stronger than you. Someone faster and/or with a better strategy will also win against someone who is not better, just stronger.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

LIke my football coach always said, "A good team works on what they are good at, a great team keeps up what they are good at, but works on what they are the weakest at." Always use your strength, but you should work just as hard on your weakness, whether it is technique or speed or whatever - it is a philosophy for everything. Just cuz your working on your weakness doesn't mean your reject your strength - but don't do the opposite either. Just my 2.5 cents

Do not demand what you can not take by force.

LIke my football coach always said, "A good team works on what they are good at, a great team keeps up what they are good at, but works on what they are the weakest at." Always use your strength, but you should work just as hard on your weakness, whether it is technique or speed or whatever - it is a philosophy for everything. Just cuz your working on your weakness doesn't mean your reject your strength - but don't do the opposite either. Just my 2.5 cents

I agree with you

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

I agree with you

Second! :karate:

when it comes to fighting, "too much strength" is never a problem. It is actually an advantage. you have to realize when to use your strength though. As skill levels become more equal, attributes like strength become much more important because better attributes will be where you advantage comes from.

I agree here completely. Things like speed, strength, agility, always add to your various strengths, and help to overcome or hide your weaknesses.

relying on strength alone though, will make u lose against someone stronger than you. Someone faster and/or with a better strategy will also win against someone who is not better, just stronger.

This isn't always the case. There is always the "lucky punch" chance. However, in general, being smart and strategic will always be a benefit, especially if you are those things, and strong, and fast, etc.

• 1 month later...

thanks for the advice right now i am still weight lifting but i'm also working own my speed.( though its not easy, but the best things in life seldom are)

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

• 1 month later...

This topic shouldn't be here in my view. Im a master of the arts and the only way to get there is to have no weaknesses. Of course you will have some but dont dwell on them this will only bring you down. strengthen you body mind and spirit untill there are no weaknesses.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

This topic shouldn't be here in my view. Im a master of the arts and the only way to get there is to have no weaknesses. Of course you will have some but dont dwell on them this will only bring you down. strengthen you body mind and spirit untill there are no weaknesses.

No-one is perfect. Accepting and understanding this will help you improve alot more than ignoring you weaknesses. But i do agree that you shouldnt focus solely on your weaknesses in a negative light.

Yes that is true cross no-one is perfect and everyone has weaknesses , but how large are these weaknesses thats the true point.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

No-one is perfect. Accepting and understanding this will help you improve alot more than ignoring you weaknesses. But i do agree that you shouldnt focus solely on your weaknesses in a negative light.

What is important is to be able to identify what your weaknesses are (even if they are small; they are still there) and then train to make them strengths.