• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why do you do martial arts?

Why do you do martial arts?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you do martial arts?

• Everyone loves to be fit!
    • I live in a dangerous neighborhood where people are likely to attack me.
    • I live in an annoying neighborhood where people are likely to annoy me.... THEY WILL SOON PAY!
    • I need a hobby to keep me out of the house.
    • "I happen to be a black belt in karate" is a great why to pick up a girl.
    • Its just fun!
    • Other (state in forum)

I like knowing how to handle myself in a fight, the exercise, and the dedication of martial arts...but most of all I do it because it is fun! It really has become a main interest in my life, and it is something that I want to do well into my later years.

...and was I the only one who chose the pickup line option? :cry:

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I already answered but the real reason I love Martial Arts is because I was 7 when Power Rangers came out that something got me, I think of the fluid movements and their flips and stuff. I know it's stupid.

I have ninja monkies in my brain and they are using it as a trampaline.

Ah! Teenage Mutant ninja turtles didn't do it for ya? or was that before your time?

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

Ah! Teenage Mutant ninja turtles didn't do it for ya? or was that before your time?

I was there for the first go-around of the TMNT! I have all 3 movies, too! The new cartoons are much more serious than the older ones. OK, my Martial confession is done. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

It's fun and i've always loved martial arts.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

• 1 month later...
I chose other. I originally started because as a chubby little kid that got picked on, I wanted something to help me get around this. Later on, it just became a part of me, and now I cannot imagine not doing it. Now, with my job, I take it even more seriously, and think about ways to improve myself every day.

I see that you post alot in this forum, I was actually going to ask you before, but what is your job really, is it in any way martial art related?

I chose other. I originally started because as a chubby little kid that got picked on, I wanted something to help me get around this. Later on, it just became a part of me, and now I cannot imagine not doing it. Now, with my job, I take it even more seriously, and think about ways to improve myself every day.

I see that you post alot in this forum, I was actually going to ask you before, but what is your job really, is it in any way martial art related?

I now work for my county's Sheriff's Department as a Jailer. Someday, I hope to work the street as well.

It has just been drawn to me ever since i can remember, i really just cantexplain it.

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

Its what I love to do. Even when I stopped training at christmas mainly out of frustration and work load I missed it. Its just simply what I do.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

I've always found the arts fascinating, then I needed to get in shape that was why I started. When I was working on my Associates Degree for 35 hours a week and working weekends it was for stress relief. Now I'm in shape and have my 1st Degree, now I'm interested in helping others learn how to defend themselves. I've also learned how to be a better human being. Eventually I want to open my own school, but there's no rush on that one.

"I'd rather have 10 techniques that work for me than 100 techniques that work against me." -Ed Parker