• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey guys. I would love to start kung fu, but the only place within an hour and a half from me is a guy who teaches it in his house. although this is as far froma Mcdojo franchise as you can get, do you think i'll get good education there?

Pain is good. Just not in large quantities.

----------------------------------------------

When I get into a fight, the guy laughs at me, then his friends laugh, then i laugh, so everyone's laughing. minutes after he throws the first punch its just me laughing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It really depends. I've seen some pretty good instructors that teach out of their garage. Best bet is to go there and watch a class or two and see if you can take a couple of free lessons.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

alright, ill go watch some lessons, that might help.

And i cant give much to go on because they dont give you too much to go on, lol. ill go look something up, though.

Pain is good. Just not in large quantities.

----------------------------------------------

When I get into a fight, the guy laughs at me, then his friends laugh, then i laugh, so everyone's laughing. minutes after he throws the first punch its just me laughing.

I would call the guy up and interview him. Ask him how many students he teaches, how often he teaches, and other like questions. Ask where he got his experience, as well. I don't know if I would just go to his house, though. Maybe see if he will meet you at a nuetral site, like a coffee shop or resturaunt, or something like that.

The way most lineages of chinese martial arts has been taught and the relatively recent introduction of them to the western world, it shouldn't be the hardest thing for someone legitimate to name who taught him and who taught that person. It follows from this that because of the relatively tight community that goes with it, it shouldn't be hard to verify any name given. For example, I can pretty much draw a link between the three men who have taught me up through the related "head" of school. The style in question also plays a part in how easy this is but as in other martial arts, if they can't answer what should be simple questions; you should know something isn't 100%.

traditional chinese saying:

speak much, wrong much

I would go to his home.Bring a friend if you can if you can.Ask Questions but most of all ask him to deminstrate and explain how his style works.If he can't do at lest that much I would leave.Myself, I would test him out because I would not waste my time with someone who could be all talk.All the teaches I've learned from I've tested their skill.If you ask in the right way it should not be a big deal.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

yes, I would do a light to medium spar with him to see how he reacts and if he knows how to defend himself.You just want to get an idea if he has anything.Again you have to ask in the right way don't challenge him.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"