• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

War stories

hello karateforum community. i love to hear war stories; worst injuries in sparring, things that are funny, or close, or just memorable experiences you have had doing karate. maybe a nice sparring story.

(P.S. this is a little unrelated..... if any administrators or moderators notice i am posting alot, its not to up my post numbers..... I'm just a very eager guy.)

Pain is good. Just not in large quantities.

----------------------------------------------

When I get into a fight, the guy laughs at me, then his friends laugh, then i laugh, so everyone's laughing. minutes after he throws the first punch its just me laughing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
hello karateforum community. i love to hear war stories; worst injuries in sparring, things that are funny, or close, or just memorable experiences you have had doing karate. maybe a nice sparring story.

(P.S. this is a little unrelated..... if any administrators or moderators notice i am posting alot, its not to up my post numbers..... I'm just a very eager guy.)

I think I have got off quite unscathed. I have suffered the odd broken nose, fingers and toes, but my most painful was a dislocated knee.

Went to do a mawashi geri overstretched, and ended up with my knee on the floor with the bottom of my leg sticking out at 90 degree angle, the wrong way.

Stung a bit and took about 4 years to recover. Still hurts going up the stairs in winter.

But I am sure that there are many other forum members that have much more gruesome injuries than that.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

Eww, that sounds nasty, Zanshin. I would have to say that I have never had anything that bad happen to me. A girl that was in our TKD school, testing for her 2nd dan, I think, blew her knee out during the testing.

Eww, that sounds nasty, Zanshin. I would have to say that I have never had anything that bad happen to me. A girl that was in our TKD school, testing for her 2nd dan, I think, blew her knee out during the testing.

our instructors nearly killed each other the one time they sparred, i hear. plus one of them does bjj and everyone knows things can go wrong when you do a takedown. he somehow broke his shin area and now cannot demonstrate in class for a while. ( we grapple with him sometimes ) he will be back soon.

P.S. Bushido man, you are everywhere.

When I get into a fight, the guy laughs at me, then his friends laugh, then i laugh, so everyone's laughing. minutes after he throws the first punch its just me laughing.

I don't think anyone is going to yell at you for posting good stuff. If you think you post alot, looka at bushido_man96's post number (over 8400 posts in less than two years :o ). It's all good stuff though!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I don't think anyone is going to yell at you for posting good stuff. If you think you post alot, looka at bushido_man96's post number (over 8400 posts in less than two years :o ). It's all good stuff though!

P.S. Bushido man, you are everywhere.

Hehe, thanks, guys! :brow: It has been a great ride so far. I try not to blow off too much hot air!

Sorry i mentioned another forum.

Edited by Sir Gerbil

my worst injury i am still recovering from. injured my back in nov working on throws and still out of commission. still not sure exactly what is even wrong. ive seen a chiropractor, personal dr, and physical therapy with little to no improvement so far

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed."

-Booker T. Washington

my worst injury i am still recovering from. injured my back in nov working on throws and still out of commission. still not sure exactly what is even wrong. ive seen a chiropractor, personal dr, and physical therapy with little to no improvement so far

:( keep us updated man, it would be a nightmare if an injury affected my martial arts.

Let's move away from the topic of post counts and the management of other communities (which doesn't have a place here) and focus on the purpose of this topic. ;) Thanks. :)