• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ultimate Ki Tech

Throw a ki ball? You're not serious are you? Throwing "chi balls"? Chinese folk lore says nothing of anyone being able to throw a ki-anything. In fact, the whole idea is japanese and is popularized in japanese entertainment, not japanese folk lore. It is a modern idea. Throwing ki balls is DragonBall Z stuff, or Zenshi Warriors, Ultraman. Not martial artists.

I think you have been beguiled into believing into something that is not true.

Just ask yourself this, "If you threw the ball at someone what would be the result?" If these things had actually ever happened don't you think there would so much more coverage on them? I spent some time in Asia and Southeast asia and people were not telling stories about some guy in the mountains throwing ki-balls.

Faith-healers are popular over there, but that's different. I don't buy into that either.

If throwing a ki-ball was such a powerful weapon why is there no wonderful gossip (asians being very hip on gossip and superstitious/fantastic tales) being spread like wild fire over there? I would have heard it if there were any. The only things I heard related to ki were faith healers and the guys with extreme tolerances for pain and endurance. Ki-balls, however, were not mentioned.

Why is it only here in the US are such things believed in? Western culture loves SCI-FI and magic. Giving it an eastern origin mystifies it even more for westerners. Westerners want to believe in it. Easterners, the japanese don't. To them it is nothing more than stories for movies.

Sure, it would be wonderful if these things existed, but let's face it they don't.

As a martial artist your time would be so much more valuably spent learning how the energies of your body work; and on improving your technique rather than spending your time trying to learn how to throw a ki ball to defeat your opponent. You will learn more about energy learning your martial art than meditating on creating a ki-ball.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i said before, I HAVE seen personally how ki exits the body and becomes a force, some sort of beam, and i FELT it being performed on me. So i would think that a similar technique can be applied to ki balls instead of ki beams dont u think? ofcourse this kinda thing doesnt happen overnight......

btw i dont spend all my time making ki balls, i meditate and try making a ki ball for like 15min a day, and i see the results, its not for knocking my opponents out with some kinda fireball, its about learning to manipulate my energies and to better understand ALL of nature and life.

Green belt TKD student

Learning innner energies

Hate ppl who critisize tkd fighing potential

15 years old

Nicely said, Ki Master! :nod:

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

I've seen stage magicians do amazing things as well, doesn't mean they can actually do magic.

Until I have someone successfully use Ki on me (people have tried, but never succeeded) I'm gonna stay sceptical.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

As i said before, I HAVE seen personally how ki exits the body and becomes a force, some sort of beam, and i FELT it being performed on me. So i would think that a similar technique can be applied to ki balls instead of ki beams dont u think? ofcourse this kinda thing doesnt happen overnight......

btw i dont spend all my time making ki balls, i meditate and try making a ki ball for like 15min a day, and i see the results, its not for knocking my opponents out with some kinda fireball, its about learning to manipulate my energies and to better understand ALL of nature and life.

Actually, no I don't. I think it falls under the same category as revivalist religions. The pastor/preacher(whatever you wish to call them) places his hands on the heads of his participants and knocks them into some strange altered-state. I wholly believe that is only because that is what the person was expecting. They had prepared their minds enough to believe, they wanted to believe in it so much, that when it happened they did believe in it. No magic there.

The human mind has a very large capacity for creating realities. People can halucinate, dream, and experience things so real, but aren't. The mind can fool the senses into seeing or feeling something that really isn't there. Haven't you ever closed your eyes and tried to guess when your friend's hand was close to your face? Only to realize he never moved his hand? You felt his hand near, but it wasn't. If the mind wants to believe something very much, it pretty much will believe it.

I do not think a similar technique could be applied to ki balls.

If you are attempting to better understand ALL of nature and life, I don't see how you will achieve that by simply meditating on creating a ki-ball, like Gokou. If you want to better learn about energies and understanding ALL about nature and life, then experience it. Move and interact. Train with others, learn their energies, nature walk and hike on rough terrain. I think you will gain a quicker understanding of nature and life by simply living than by meditating and trying to make ki-balls.

I harbor no false sense of imaginary ability with ki/chi/qi, etc. But I am in harmony with the flow of energy. In as simple terms as possible, somewhat removing the romance behind it, ki/chi/qi/etc., are facts of physics. Even beyond mechanical, stretching even to emotional, but not into supernatural.

When the fighter harmonizes with the energy of his opponent and opens the energy in his body to achieve power and result it is because he has learned the way of life and energy from experience. It is not because he has mastered ki by self-meditation.

That has been my experience.

If understanding is what you seek, then live and experience life. You will learn more about living by living than you will by meditating.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

• 4 months later...

Look, if anyone can actually demonstrate Ki (as opposed to biomechanics, or other purely physical manifestations of energy) they get a million dollars.

https://www.randi.org

Lots of people CLAIM to be able to levitate/knock down opponents with superpowers, but nobody can actually come out and do it when experienced skeptics ensure that they can't cheat.

Odd, isn't it?

I dont think Qi was intended to be a concept to knock down people from a distance.

It is possible to heal people with qi, but it is impossible to hurt people with

qi... its just how we are made.

It is possible to use adverse qi, but this is just a way of blocking the energy flow of another human being. For example: dim-mak.

There are some real concepts about qi, however no limitations are given.

That isnt saying that qi doesnt exist or that qi can do stuff like you see in dragonball z.

However the internal arts, qigong, and a lot of stuff like it prove that the mind does have very real power in this manner.

Take for example the fact that medicine is now starting to recognize tajiquan and qigong's ability to heal the body:

http://members.tripod.com/~Jane_ZQS/notes/02.html

or

http://acupuncture.com/QiKung/QiGong.htm

-Pa Kua Chang (Baguazhang Practioner)

of Jiang Rongqiao's Circular and Linear form.

What evil lurks in the hearts of men?

-The Shadow knows.

Relax, and chant with me:

OM MA NE PAD ME HUM

**Original message**

Look, if anyone can actually demonstrate Ki (as opposed to biomechanics, or other purely physical manifestations of energy) they get a million dollars.

well then pay up! all of the DKI (Dillman Karate International) masters that i have ever meet can do no touch knock outs from distancess of 20 feet away or more.

Actually, no I don't. I think it falls under the same category as revivalist religions. The pastor/preacher(whatever you wish to call them) places his hands on the heads of his participants and knocks them into some strange altered-state.

Nothing is more closer to the truth.

Actually this is what I like to call 'the evangelists' knockout.

It involves hitting 3 Gallbladder points above either eye near the top of the forehead. These three points form a triangle.

(I am not noting the direction of the strike for safety, as well as the absolute location, so you dont go hitting yourself to death, or others.)

Also important to note there are other points in this area, but I will just use the above as an example

Traditionally, by dimmak teachers of old, this strike causes a temporary "sunstroke".

This is an abuse I believe of the human body.

I think it is rather dangerous to play around with things this way, not to mention LEGAL implications as a result.

As you can see, it does have its actual reasons, but there is nothing "mystical" or "magical" about it.

-Pa Kua Chang (Baguazhang Practioner)

of Jiang Rongqiao's Circular and Linear form.

What evil lurks in the hearts of men?

-The Shadow knows.

Relax, and chant with me:

OM MA NE PAD ME HUM