• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does your place use chest plates?

Does it?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Does it?

• Yes
    • No

Hey i have seen most tkd places use chest plates, when sparring. but our karate place doesnt. does yours?

Pain is good. Just not in large quantities.

----------------------------------------------

When I get into a fight, the guy laughs at me, then his friends laugh, then i laugh, so everyone's laughing. minutes after he throws the first punch its just me laughing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We wear chest protectors at my school. Previously, I had never worn one. We do Olympic sparring rules, so we wear them. However, we don't wear them for testing purposes.

We don't use them for sparring... although my instructor has a few that he sometimes makes us wear so we can be a "living punch bag" for our opponent. Its cool to be the one kicking, not so good it your the one who has to be the target. :(

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

We don't use them for sparring... although my instructor has a few that he sometimes makes us wear so we can be a "living punch bag" for our opponent. Its cool to be the one kicking, not so good it your the one who has to be the target. :(

yeah we just have those shield-ish things (i tried to the living punching bag thing... it doesnt hurt but for somereason whenever someone punches me directly on the plate my eyes bug right out of my head.)

When I get into a fight, the guy laughs at me, then his friends laugh, then i laugh, so everyone's laughing. minutes after he throws the first punch its just me laughing.

There are some that are called "instructor hogus" or something to that effect, and they are quite a bit thicker, but less maneuverable, I think. However, instructors will wear them to allow full-speed counters and such to be worked on by students gearing up for sparring in tournaments or what-not. Maybe that would be better for your purposes.

There are some that are called "instructor hogus" or something to that effect, and they are quite a bit thicker, but less maneuverable, I think. However, instructors will wear them to allow full-speed counters and such to be worked on by students gearing up for sparring in tournaments or what-not. Maybe that would be better for your purposes.

It doesn't hurt or anything. Just not very pleasant having to run around in the thing. I hate them. Can't breathe fully and they restrict my movement, especially my arms.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

It doesn't hurt or anything. Just not very pleasant having to run around in the thing. I hate them. Can't breathe fully and they restrict my movement, especially my arms.

I hear ya there. I don't like them either, and would prefer to go without them. That way, my punches would get respected a lot more, too. :D

I hear ya there. I don't like them either, and would prefer to go without them. That way, my punches would get respected a lot more, too. :D

come to think of it, im not sure that many karate places do, mabe just tkd, because those things are uncomfortable.