• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Broke a Board (yes I know all of you have done it :P )

Yes, I agree. I'm not a BB, but I LOVE breaking. I just "lose it" in tournies, and not place for some reason (forms are a different story). But since I got back into TSD, I'm determined to do breaking and place, at least 3rd! Dang nabbit! LOL

My first break in TSD was a back kick. That was my worst kick ever back then. But when I went through that board, I was in aw. It just totally blew my mind. I still have that board (and all it's pieces ;) ) signed by sah bum nim.

My other attemps were at tournies. BUT when I tested for 1st gup in TKD (after one of those not-so-suggessful tournies ... except for forms), I broke every board first shot on each (all were 5 two-board stations) :) That was my best test ever :karate: :D

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats on the break, I guess after so long not doing it, it must have felt like doing it for the first time again.

I love doing the athletic breaks, there really isn't any use in them except to show off, but we don't do that do we, we are modest........... :D

"There are no limitations only plateux, and once you reach them you must not stay there."

--Bruce Lee

• 1 month later...

I love board breaking. It makes you feel strong and experienced as a martial artist in general. The first time I ever did it was at a week-long camp, at the very end... I'd been wondering if I'd be able to do it all week long, and it snapped on the first try.

It's more than just a martial art. It's responsibility and respect. It's friendship and trust. But most of all, it's a passion.