• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello from Arizona. About to start Shotokan training

brendangaz

Hello All -

I am about to begin training under Koyama Sensei in Phoenix. I am wondering if anyone here has trained under Sensei Koyama, as I would like to hear your impressions. I am eager to learn and would welcome any of your own "keys to success".

Thanks,

Brendan

Edited by brendangaz

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the forums :)

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

What org are you with? JKA< FSKA< ISKA etc

I do not know him but have been in Shotokan for almost 15 years so if I can help just let me know. I am in the FSKA under Kenneth Funakoshi.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

G95champ - I am going to begin my training (tomorrow) with JKA, however I am moving to Southern California next May. Would you recommend any dojo's in the LA/OC area?

Angela - Thanks for the tip. I can't send him a message though, not enough posts yet. :roll:

Well I am on the East Coast in West Virginia.

Im sure you can find many JKA schools in Calf. Rey Dalkie teaches at Riverside Calf. as part of the JKA or AJKA now I guess. He was the one who tested my Sensei.

You can go to fska.com and find a list of FSKA schools just look under the affiliates.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."