• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can I have the Black Belt combo.... with a side of fry's?

Honestly Rick, I believe you were dealing with someone who was truly telling you a big ol' lie! I do not believe for a minute that the individual in question had any true MA experience. I have come across several of these individuals in my own school. They show up for a trial membership and brag to have all kinds of MA background, and when they can't even learn a few basic moves their first night, they feel ashamed and do not come back. Now, I have had people who come in and do extremely well their first night and I will ask, "do you have prior experience in MA?" Usually I get a yes. They are usually very humble about their previous training. Now, I know that your incident took place in a restaurant, but I think that even that is way to McDojo to be McDojo. Just some attention seeking guy looking for friends to have something in common with, I am guessing.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Honestly Rick, I believe you were dealing with someone who was truly telling you a big ol' lie! I do not believe for a minute that the individual in question had any true MA experience. Just some attention seeking guy looking for friends to have something in common with, I am guessing.

I imagine it would read like that, but he was a consttruction worker of some kind. He had a fellow employee with him that seemed to verify his story in a few ways. No, i'm sad to say, he was the real McDeal. :roll:

place clever martial arts phrase here

That's too bad, really. Luckily, you don't train in a place like that. You also don't usually see people who are supposed to be testing for a black belt, behave this way in public. It is usually the beginner who has the tendency to brag about being in a martial art.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

The Blackbelt Gnomes!

Step 1: Open Dojo

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit!

Sorry, bad South Park humor. It's really sad to see the students of these people. They honestly think they're doing good when they're really being taken advantage of.

How did the word "bad" enter your last sentence? That was a great episode! :D

Having only experienced one school in my life, and greatly wanting to return, my biggest worry is joining a mcdojo. I am really trying to find a school that's convienient for me and is a good school. It's tough.

Anyway, here's my plug to the thread about what questions I should ask. :D

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

Honestly Rick, I believe you were dealing with someone who was truly telling you a big ol' lie! I do not believe for a minute that the individual in question had any true MA experience. Just some attention seeking guy looking for friends to have something in common with, I am guessing.

I imagine it would read like that, but he was a consttruction worker of some kind. He had a fellow employee with him that seemed to verify his story in a few ways. No, i'm sad to say, he was the real McDeal. :roll:

real mc deal sounds like a mcdonalds meal. (lol i should be a rapper).

ahem, anyways. My friend, who does TKD, did it for two years. he told us he was a blackbelt. turns out his place has some system of giving someone a badge confirming they've reaching "black belt level" or something. he was only a green belt, though.

where was i... oh yeah. so until then, me and my other friends kinda looked up to him and almost worshipped him. sort of. until i started karate and learned that this guy was basically overblown. so now, i have to invite him over to a gym to spar sometime. (we havent started sparring yet.. soon enough, though. :bawling: ) so lesson here:

A McBlackbelt among non-martial artists = impressive.

A McBlackbelt among people who have done MA for any amount of time=

.... McFoolish.

(P.S. I realized that my place could be known as a Mcdojo.... cause one of my instructor's name is Mr. Mick. :lol: :-?

Pain is good. Just not in large quantities.

----------------------------------------------

When I get into a fight, the guy laughs at me, then his friends laugh, then i laugh, so everyone's laughing. minutes after he throws the first punch its just me laughing.