• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Central Intelligence Agency Fighting Style

Johnlogic121

Should this martial art be taught openly?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should this martial art be taught openly?

• Yes, American citizens should be able to learn it
    • No, it should be kept a government secret

..........The government wont even tell us why they raise gas prices, let alone let some guy tell everybody on an OPEN MARTIAL ARTS FORUM OF ALL PLACES about some "Secret style of self-defense" there is no more styles... a punch is a punch... no matter how you look at it.

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

• 8 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the same bodies our ancestors had when they started figuring out combat. There are only so many ways the human body can move in order to hurt another.

Of course, I'm just purely interested in anything claiming to be different. So, yes, I would like to see it taught to civvies. Maybe it would have some new methodology we've never seen before and might spice up our outlook on martial arts.

Chikara

karate es el amor de mi vida.

I didn't go thru the entire thread but I'd have to see some reliable stats on the claims of the initial post. My gut tells me there's not that many espionage types out there in life or death hand to hand combat that often.

All I know is that when the government does something like this, it would be classified. When something is classified no one is authorized to talk about it, especially on the internet. Police stations would not be teaching something that is truly classified (as none of them possess government security clearances), therefore if it is being taught to police it is unclassified. If it is unclassified, the word gets out rather rapidly. So, either it is secret or it isn't, there is no in between.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a scientific researcher and developer for the Central Intelligence Agency. I have over a dozen years of martial arts experience that I have compiled into a martial art called Montgomery Style Karate. . . .

The problem with teaching the style outside of the CIA or law enforcement is that groups hostile to the United States would love to have the offensive and defensive skills of this style of martial arts.

I remembered this OP and some of the thread that followed. I came across a field manual online, but if you go to the page to access it scroll far down the page to get to the table of contents:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-25-150/

There are photos of soldiers in different MA positions to illustrate.

Something for the curious at heart . . . :karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

If it were as effect as the claim, it would be the only thing taught to any western, elite unit would train in. Law enforcement wouldn't be trained in the system because of the limitations of what they can do during the course of apprehension(striking a suspect can often opens up legal issues).

If there were any truely universally effective martial art, that worked 90% of the time, then it owuld A)be the only one still trained in by anyone seeking practical martial ability, B)would have been figured out many years ago.

I know I would want to train in the style. Who wouldn't.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

• 1 month later...

Sounds like another martial arts related internet fantasy to me... X-files style "government agents are perfect super humans" type of thinking, really, ought to be disproven by now.

And like others have said, nothing in this world is new (except technology). Human beings only move in certain ways, and they have been fighting since before they were human beings. So, you do the math.

Increase work capacity over broad time and modal domains. Intensity is key.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

-Sun Tzu

• 4 months later...

I'm not really sure what to add to this debate which hasn't been said already, but I agree that this secret "Montgomery Style Karate" does seem awfully suspicious. Also that by mentioning a government secret on a public message board, it's revealing confidential information, or that Johnlogic121 is just making all this stuff about a "secret infallible martial arts style" and therefore impersonating an actual CIA member.

Rational functions are a pain in the asymptote.

I'm a police officer in a pretty good sized city, and I never learned this style. We learned the basic PPCT stuff and some of the old-school DT stuff.

Most of the CIA guys I've met tend to be bookworms anyways, more the scientific type than the scrappy type.

Most of the CIA guys I've met tend to be bookworms anyways, more the scientific type than the scrappy type.

What about Matt Bourne? Sorry, I'm just kidding!

:lol: :P

**Proof is on the floor!!!