• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ummm bruises...

it's one of those questions that cant be answered. lmao. i remember when i got my first real bruise. was a shin bruise from a leg block. had a knot on my shin the size of an apple besides a bruise the size of a plate. my wife freaked out and i was showin it off like i just won a gold medal. lol.

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed."

-Booker T. Washington

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is like a bragging right, kind of. It shows that you do something different than anyone else, and these are the results of your unique training. I especially like to show off the ones I get when weapons fighting. :brow:

lol yeah, its like a Boy Scout badge collection, where you can say

"yeah, i got this bruise for....."

they're like mini trophies telling you you did good.

Hehe, badges, that sounds good! The only thing about them is that since they wear off, we have to keep re-earning them! :brow:

• 2 weeks later...

XD yea, i get the basic idea. still i don't think i'll be showing off bruises anytime soon...my worst bruise...hitting my knee three times in the same spot >.< it's one of those stupid bruises XD

if anything though, I did get battered up during spar training a few weeks ago >.> got a blister weapons training..if blisters count XD

so there o.o

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...

temp battle scar i get...i'd just like to point out it'll probably be for proving more then being a man...like for girls....you're basicly a really tough girl :P ok thanks guys..i think i'm starting to understand.

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee