• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ummm bruises...

something's been bugging me for a while -.-

in the thread 'you know you're addicted to martial arts when..."

someone mentioned being proud of bruises and stuf...and i saw a few admit to it. So I wonder...how can anyone be proud of bruises?

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps one got a bruise in the course of learning a valuable lesson or while accomplishing something one thought he was unable to do. That might make the bruise something one would be proud of.

Ed

Ed

its a guy thing...:P

You might be right about that. Even the gals I know that LOVE contact don't brag about their bruises like us guys do.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

You might be right about that. Even the gals I know that LOVE contact don't brag about their bruises like us guys do.

Then you've never met me. I always brag about my bruises, though I'm not quite sure why :D

External training without the training of the mind is nothing

Then you've never met me. I always brag about my bruises, though I'm not quite sure why :D

she LOVES a good brawl!!

what can i say? :P we can take a hit!

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

I disagree, me and my girlfriends are always proud of our bruises. We show them off like tattoos :)

I don't know why, exactly, but I do know that if I'm covered in bruises and happy about it, I look tough and hardcore, so that is probably a big reason.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Ok, you like like to show 'em off. I've met few who do. You're also those gals that, when they get hit, they smile as if to say, "that didn't hurt." You folks scare me :o

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

It is like a bragging right, kind of. It shows that you do something different than anyone else, and these are the results of your unique training. I especially like to show off the ones I get when weapons fighting. :brow: