• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Firearms???

I'm afraid my credability is fine when I quote stats I give the authors or the agencies name (ie. FBI Report, Dept. of Just, Kellermann and Reay, N.E. Journal of Medicine). So I assure you they are far from random statistics. Are you sure you read my posts Withers?

As for hating guns, I never said I hated them I just stated, that they should have a more controls (hate is emotional, and an assumption on your behalf). The Brady Bill a gun control initiative and other state conrolled initiatives has been linked to helping reducing firearm deaths since its introduction in 1994.

Firearm Deaths by Year (year/#/rate per 100,000)

1993 39,595 15.4

1994 38,505 14.8

1995 35,957 13.7

1996 34,040 12.8

1997 32,436 12.1

1998 30,708 11.4

(Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Vital Statistics Reports, vol. 48, no. 11, July 24, 2000.)

I think KNOWLEDGE and an OPEN MIND are the most powerful weapons for self-defense.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm glad you have WAY too much spare time to get useless statistics. I however, have a life and choose not to argue with you. Bottom line is I'll always own firearms and so won't half the people in the country.

My closing statement is for you:

There is a firearm for EVERY man woman and child in this country. That is a FACT and I hope it helps you to sleep better at night.

Good bye...

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

I don't live in the US , and I'll sleep fine at night knowing that there are alot less chance of me getting shot (even in my line of work) than you do as just a citizen of the US.

Provoking thought is not a waste of time, unless you fall into the category of the second quote.

Well I'll leave you with this:

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. --Will Durant 

A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood. -- Chinese Proverb

Incidentally if there's a firearm for every man, woman and child then that means that there's also a bullet for each of them. Nice thought, huh?

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

Actually, if there is a firearm for every man woman and child then there are prob. 100's of rounds for each. Just a thought..

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

If you've never had any problems with firearms as of yet chances are you never will. I've NEVER had any run ins with one nor do I even worry about it.

Statistics smishtics. Here's some too.

http://www.gunfacts.org/prevention.htm

I can see Iron's arguement about guns being handled by children. Parents need to be responsible by educating the kids more. It wouldn't do anyone any good to have a gun locked up for home defense. I sure don't. Educate the masses my friends...

Suicide statistics. That just indicates that the mentally troubled or cowardly individual got the job done right the first time around. A rope works pretty good but not everyone knows how to tie the noose correctly.

I'm signing up for a CCW class, which is a requirement for obtaining the concealed permit here in Michigan. The new handgun law was finally passed last year allowing responsible citizens the ability to carry. Anti gun advocates cried that it would increase crime and accidents. They were wrong. It did nothing of the sort.

Funny story: Out of protest to Canadian gun laws, a Manitoba man is in trouble for sending a gun registration card to the government with information about his WellerBlack&Decker soldering iron on it. He even got a response card back listing WellerBlack&Decker as the makemodel. It finally was caught by more competent authorities and is being reviewed.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

Another funny story. In New York a sleeping man half-woke to answer the phone. He reached around, grabbed something which he thought, in his dazed and hungover state, was the phone from his bedside table, and shot himself through the ear.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B