• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Firearms???

Just curious if people agree with me on this one. No weapon is as powerful or threatening as a firearm. I'm a firearms activist and I truly believe it is the best weapon for self defense. Does everyone agree with me?

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to qualify that with for only those with proper training who practice on a regular basis at a shooting range. For the avereage unitiated and untrained person they can be a recipe for disaster.

That is a very good point. I meant this topic to be about people who were properly trained with handguns and carry them legally. Not for the street thug who holds the gun sideways...

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

It would be a little impractial to drive around in a tank. I don't think you would be allowed. As for trained I mean just as a Martial Artist would train. Know the weapon inside and out, how to shoot it with accuracy and how to draw the weapon. I shoot in competitions where you are required to make a draw and shoot down steel targets. It's good practice even though not technically simulating a gun fight but it does help

Gun vs. unarmed person=most powerful/threatening

Gun vs. knife=well you get the picture

Gun vs. Gun=stalemate until someone looses

Gun vs. Car=not necessarily most powerful or threatening

A gun can be the most powerful or threatening weapon out there, but not always. Whether trained or untrained, the true test will be when one has to acutally use the gun to defend themselves.

There are professions out there where you train on a regular basis that you may have and can pull the trigger, ie. law enforcement, military. Then there are those who will do it just to do it w/o any consequences, ie. the criminal element.

But for your average citizen hmm.......I think that can be a difficult one, maybe with the exception of loved ones being threatened. Just my opinion. :smile:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

I definately agree. Im a hardcore firearm advocate. Yeah... a tank would be kinda pointless to drive around. Just get a hummer! :brow: hehe

*To HELL with opportunity!

I create opportunity!*-Bruce Lee

[ This Message was edited by: Blade13 on 2002-05-30 13:26 ]

I think that firearms should be left in the hands of law enforcement officials, and locked up at gun clubs if they are used for sport.

Using a gun at home increases the chance in a confrontation that you will get killed.

"The US has over three times the number of guns per capita as Canada; there were 549 homicides in Canada in 1998, compared to 17,874 in the US. Americans are twice as likely to commit suicide with a firearm as Canadians. Research and Statistics Division, Department of Justice Canada (Kwing Hung), June 2001"

These statistics speak volume I think in regards to firearms.

There is also a huge gap between what a civillian has in training, and believe it or not I'm glad that the public doesn't have access to the training that is available to law enforcement.

I believe there is no place for guns in society in the publics hands, except for hunters and sports clubs in which highly regulated restrictions should apply.