• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can't wait for the Tae Kwon Do episode. I hope those two think it's going to be like American point fighting. Boy are they going to be in for a surprise! Not to mention seeing how seriously elite Koreans take Tae Kwon Do training. Let's see them try breaking granite or marble slabs.

There is no martial arts without philosophy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for the Tae Kwon Do episode. I hope those two think it's going to be like American point fighting. Boy are they going to be in for a surprise! Not to mention seeing how seriously elite Koreans take Tae Kwon Do training. Let's see them try breaking granite or marble slabs.

If they do an Olympic style TKD fight at the end, it will be interesting in deed. The Olypians are so fast, and can counter really quick. That, and they won't be allowed to punch to the head, so that will change their game plans really quick. It should be good.

Most likely it will be Jason Chambers fighting, since his size is closer to the Koreans' size. Not only will he not be allowed to use hand techniques to the head (which I'm sure he's used to doing), he'll have to get ready for high roundhouse kicks, as well as standing/jumping back side kicks and spinning heel kicks and axe kicks-all done at about 100 mph.

Not to mention wearing armor and headgear. That should be great viewing right there!

The training segments and history should be interesting as well. Hopefully it will open peoples' eyes as to how effective Tae Kwon Do really is.

Everybody has their personal favorites that they'd love to see them do. It's really been informative seeing these different styles in action, and noting the differences and similarities. Much better than that XMA show Discovery Channel showed awhile back. This is the real thing.

When they go to Korea, I would like to see if they do a segment on TKD's early days and the fact that it was used by the police and military before it became known for fre fighting.

Supposedly there are some injuries on the TKD episode..... :o

Ninjitsu- Dec. 14th

TKD- Dec. 21st

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

Everybody has their personal favorites that they'd love to see them do. It's really been informative seeing these different styles in action, and noting the differences and similarities. Much better than that XMA show Discovery Channel showed awhile back. This is the real thing.

When they go to Korea, I would like to see if they do a segment on TKD's early days and the fact that it was used by the police and military before it became known for fre fighting.

I would be interested in seeing the direction they take on portraying TKD's history.

I would be interested in seeing the direction they take on portraying TKD's history.

They'll probably go the same route they went with the other episodes: Embellish the ancient history and play up the various legends (without necessarily verifying them), and then give an accurate description of the recent/actual history.