• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Considering that one host is an MMA fighter and the other is a wrestler, I'm not surprised they play up the effectiveness of MMA fighting.

Exactly, we all knew they were going to do it though, It would have been more impressive if they would of just treated like the other episodes and let the art itself do the talking... However the fights at the end where interesting to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been interested in the Kung Fu episode they're supposed to be doing. I was hoping they'd do Kenpo but it's probably too much like a mix of Karate and Kung Fu.

"I'd rather have 10 techniques that work for me than 100 techniques that work against me." -Ed Parker

Considering that one host is an MMA fighter and the other is a wrestler, I'm not surprised they play up the effectiveness of MMA fighting.

Exactly, we all knew they were going to do it though, It would have been more impressive if they would of just treated like the other episodes and let the art itself do the talking... However the fights at the end where interesting to watch.

At the same time, they have not downplayed the effectiveness of any of the other styles they have visited, either.

i didn't miss a single episode, and i was generally impressed with the production.

i liked that they found some of the top respected trainers, and gave a glimpse into the traditional training methods throughtout the nation for each style, before they would refine what they learned in a more modern setting.

Also liked the inclusion of styles like Pancration, and Krav Maga, and the French style for which i cannot remember the name.

All in all I thought the show was a great mini documentary on worldwide martial styles.

At the same time, they have not downplayed the effectiveness of any of the other styles they have visited, either.

i think the new ones start the 2nd fri in nov and finish out from there....

ii don't think they tried to make MMA look to be anything more than what it is...a sport...they never tried to make it out as the be all end all of self defense. if i remember right jason said more than once that 90% of the techniques wouldn't work on the street in a fight because they are designed for the cage...

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed."

-Booker T. Washington

checked on TVguide.com. the Kung Fu episode airs Nov 2 and i think it finishes out from there.

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed."

-Booker T. Washington

checked on TVguide.com. the Kung Fu episode airs Nov 2 and i think it finishes out from there.

Cool, can't wait! Hopefully, my schedule allows me to catch them.

There's the Kung Fu episode on Nov 2 and then there's the Sambo episode on Nov 10. I think they're still going to do Bokator and Silat as well. They just don't have dates up for them yet.

"I'd rather have 10 techniques that work for me than 100 techniques that work against me." -Ed Parker