• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Improved kicks

Kante

Please please PLEASE be careful with doing kicks with ankle weights on, especially at high numbers as you can cause serious damage to yourself.

The problems with high numbers of kicks (with or without weights) is that unless you do every single one perfectly it will not help your training, and in fact every one you do sloppily will detract from your training. You will also run the risk of over-extending your joints if you get tired from multiple repetitions.

In order to gain speed in the relexes and accurace get some focus pads and get a partner to put them on. Then they present a target for a short period of time and you have to kick it before they remove the target. Start on the spot and work up to moving around, and gradually turn up the speed.

For working up speed work on the heavy bag, or again get a partner with a tombstone pad or thai pads. Work it at various heights. A partner is always best because they can give feedback as to how your kicks are coming along.

I am very aware of this. But am on my own in this. Every kick is separate than the other and I make sure they are done correctly. Am already benefiting from this.

"If you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it'll spread over into the rest of your life. It'll spread over into your work, into your mortality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you."

Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I used ankle weights, and so long as I went slow, everything was fine. But kicking quick was not an option...LOL

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...