• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Info is needed!

Heya all,

I am a 17 year old girl from Australia and have been considering taking up some sort of self-defence foe a while now but don`t know which style would be the best! as there are so many.There is a local Kickboxing club and i am considering joining it? what do you think? can anyone of any age and size do it? i am 150cms tall and 47 kilos in weight,is that suitable? the main reson i want to do it is because i am so short and would like to know some sort of self-defence if ever i needed to use it in defending myself.Also i am sick of people thinking they can say and do what they like to me just because i have a small build and i`m short! the other main reson i want to do it is to keep fit! because i love keeping active and wanna get real fit! (i currently do Acrobats just once a week but it isn`t enough!)are my reasons good?! yur replies will be real helpful to me! thanks guyz n` galz!

luf KickChick! :pony:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well I guess you should take up kickboxing if you want to learn some self defense, but it is really your choice.

Yes anybody in age and size can do kicboxing, but just remember have fun and work hard :smile:

Finally Welcome to the boards :smile:

:wave:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

YOu should look around at the local schools and pick one you feel most comfortable with. If you are doing acrobatics that will help you. As for your size that is why Martial Arts are so great... Most of them were develped by people who were small so they usually are geared towards smaller people.

Welcome to the forums...

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!