• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

10 most common styles of MA

Hey, could somebody tell me the 10 most common styles of MA?

Theres a reason why I just dont know if what I want to do will work yet :(.

even better could someone post links for them, about each style?

Thanks.

"Sword-Chucks yo."

Yes, thanks a lot guys.  Hey, kamasandsais, that was something that you knew that I did not!! 
<---blackmail hahahahhaha bushido

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly are you referring to? Do you mean the most popular styles around today, as far as attendance? Or are you referring to something else?

I like the quote in the signature, by the way! :lol: :lol:

heh, thanks (back in the UK currency us currency thread. Probably in attendance more or less.

"Sword-Chucks yo."

Yes, thanks a lot guys.  Hey, kamasandsais, that was something that you knew that I did not!! 
<---blackmail hahahahhaha bushido

Yeah prob. right its just not real big where I am from. I was trying to think of the styles you see on TV and stuff.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

This would be my rough estimate based on number of participants (I'm assuming that's what you mean by attendance?), each style could pretty much move up or down a few ranks:

Boxing

Karate

Tae Kwon Do

Wrestling

Judo

Kung Fu

Kickboxing/Muay Thai

Fencing

Aikido

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Obviously this would be different if Kung Fu were separated into Wing Chun, Shaolin, etc. and the same for various forms of Kickboxing. But anyway, that's my estimate.

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

I think that gzk has a good estimate. I would tend to think that TKD is probably at the top of the list as far as popularity goes, with the sheer advantage coming from the vast amounts of children's programs that seem to be the trademark of lots of TKD schools.

I think that gzk has a good estimate. I would tend to think that TKD is probably at the top of the list as far as popularity goes, with the sheer advantage coming from the vast amounts of children's programs that seem to be the trademark of lots of TKD schools.

Would you say that this is true worldwide or just in the US? Around here, there are probably more young kids doing Karate than TKD (as far as I can tell). I have certainly heard that TKD is massive with US kids though, and considered putting it top or second.

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

Would you say that this is true worldwide or just in the US? Around here, there are probably more young kids doing Karate than TKD (as far as I can tell). I have certainly heard that TKD is massive with US kids though, and considered putting it top or second.

Perhaps. That could be where the bias seems to come from. However, TKD is quite popular throughout the world. It could probably go either way.