• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi, Do any of you guys do wu shu kwan/Chinese Kickboxing? I started a couple of months ago and i am enjoying it. If you do could you give me a few tips :smile:

Thank you

:grin:

PS : this is the best forum!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I do Wu Shu Kwan in Wales but the main center is in London. Wu shu Kwan http://www.wushukwan.com . i dont know if you guys practice it in america or i think it could be under a different name. Wu shu kwan means chinese boxing center. Wu Shu is not wu shu kwan. Wu shu kwan is fighting where as wu shu is a dance-like demonstrative art.

Wu shu Kwan is more commonly known as chinese kickboxing :smile:

Wushu Kwan translated means "Martial Arts Fist".

San Shou and San Da mean the same thing and refer to the competitve set of rules for Chinese Kickboxing. I was curious if you fight by those rules.

I am curious who your centres trace back their lineage to, and where the degree's ranking comew from.

If you are a competitive school you may wish to join us at our event

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/sanshouchallenge.pdf

Grand Master C.K. Chang (8th degree black belt) developed the Wu Shu Kwan system after many years studying the techniques of traditional training, then fusing them with modern 'sports-science' (knowledge of physiology). The belts are as follows

8th grade........white belt

7th grade........white belt

6th grade........blue belt

5th grade........blue belt

4th grade........maroon belt

3rd grade........maroon belt

2nd grade........brown belt

1st grade.........brown belt

1st degree(dan) and above...black belt

We are graded based upon form,set sparring , fix sparring :smile:

Hope this clears things up

:grin:

I'd be intrested to see what arts where this traditional training is in...I also find it intresting to have a Chinese martial art with reference to "dan" or "degree" a japanese word.

Lineage is typically traced beyond your "Grandmaster" in Chinese martial arts. For example:

Founder Bodhidharma (Damo), 1st Huike, 2nd Sengca, 3rd Daoxin.....Hui Jing Dashi 47th generation, Gao Can Dashi 48th generation.

It's like a family tree, so one knows where the style comes from. Someone had to appoint the 8th degree black belt...didn't they?

The following was found at : http://union.ic.ac.uk/kungfu/mainframe.html

Gradings

Grading fee: £11 (upper brown: £30, black belt: £50)

"The minimum requirements are to have attended 8 classes and for at least 3 months to have passed since your last grading."

"IC KFC has a long tradition of training students from beginners all the way to black belt. Provided you train regularly enough, it is possible to get a black belt in just over 2 years, before completing your degree! The fact that you can get to such a high level so quickly does not mean that it is easy to get a black belt in our style, rather it reflects how the WSK training system greatly accelerates progression."

Does anyone have an opinion on the above website snippets?