What Martial Arts Have You Studied

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have studied Isshinryu Karate for approximately three years now.

Prior to Isshinryu Karate, I studied Ji Do Kwan Tae Kwon Do, for twelve years, and Kodokan Judo, for one and a half years.

I have not heard the term Ji Do Kwan for quite some time. About the only "Kwan" you hear of any more is the Moo Duk Kwan.

Moo Duk Kwan and Chung Do Kwan TKD are very popular in my area. I do not recall knowing of another Ji Do Kwan TKD school in the area, at that time. Not that they were not around, but it was just rare.

I studied TKD Ji do Kwan for about three months (admittedly, not very long, that's why I never list it). JDK was described to me as being Korea's version of Judo. Never got into the heart of it enough to see how close it actually comes.

I believe the korean version of Judo is Yudo. Someone please correct me, if I am wrong.

I studied TKD Ji do Kwan for about three months (admittedly, not very long, that's why I never list it). JDK was described to me as being Korea's version of Judo. Never got into the heart of it enough to see how close it actually comes.

I believe the korean version of Judo is Yudo. Someone please correct me, if I am wrong.

This is what I was aware of as well. However, I do think that Yudo is a rather recent rendition.

After reading the Wikipedia information, apparently Chun, Sang Sup, the style's starter, studied Judo in Japan, along with Shotokan Karate. It looks like the link to both styles is legit.

TKD - 1 year

Shaolin Kempo - 5 years

Hakutsuru (Tony Sandoval system) 5 years

BJJ - Off and on since 2001

could you name your hakutsuru katas.

Sure no prob,

So, ton, san he, ryu shoken, Hakutsuru sho. I only trained maybe a hand full of times in last 4 1/2 years. I only remember so, ton and san he.

Well i have been taught by people in different styles of kung fu buy my cousin, but i have never actually trained in it. But i do take a Shotkan karate class and am a green belt so far. I think i have been in for about a year and a half.

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

• 2 months later...