• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i feel so bad

today i broke a guys wrist doin a leg sweep in jujitsu, he didnt brake-fall and landed on it really bad. i felt so sick and an ambulence came and everything. have any of you broken anything training or broken anything of anyone else?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry to hear about what happened. Don't sweat it though cause accidents do and will happen. I've injured my share of people over the years but it is unfortunately part of the game. Don't feel guilty. Send him a card and get on with your training. Don't let it hinder your training though. Do things just as hard as you did before this.

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

X,

I'm sure that he knew it wasn't intentional. Stay focused and train hard. Like Withers said, send him a card and continue to train. Plus, on a side note, not to sound cruel, but a breakfall is taught for a reason.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Sounds like it was hardly your fault, certainly if he knew how to break-fall. If it was his first class I could understand your guilt, but if he had performed breakfalls in the past then he should have been safe. I know someone who stepped off a kerb and broke their foot, these things happen.

I've never actually injured someone in class, or been injured, more than minor bruising, but in one TKD class I went to a girl in her first lesson dislocated her knee, mainly because the instructor was trying to get her to do twisting kick. I didn't bother going back after that.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

I had a finger broken in class (doing block kick drills). I did a low block too soon, and the girl I was working with kicked me in the hand. She felt so bad. But I know she didn't mean it. It was totally my fault.

As far as your situation, tell him it wasn't intentional. Like it was said before, send him a "get well" card. That should do the trick.

Laurie F

OUCH... I think that was no ones fault. you didn't do it in Purpose..

Thats what happend sometimes. I injured someone by lifting them Upside down in Kempo Black belt training masters. Everyone makes a Mistake.

Kempo dude says: Stand up show me what you got, im black belter in kempo, im a Kempo champ. lets see who will win!

It's not your fault, don't worry too much about it. :razz: But like everyone else suggested, send him a get well card. :grin:

hmm, and while we are on the topic of breakfalling, does it become natural after you practice it or do you have to think about doing it as you fall?

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

I know someone who's femur was broken when a brown belt swept his leg and he was on the floor lickety-split. Don't sweat it though, it happens!! As Whiters said earlier!!

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Eat your Wheaties Kiddies!

I find it hard to believe that he got as far as he did... did he actually fracture it or did it just slip? If he broke it, then he must have some pretty brittle bones.

Do unto others, as they done to you.