• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I really want to learn ground fighting, I have taken an interest in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Theres no teachers of it around here, but I'm lookin for some sort of tutorial to some moves I could practice with a partner. I myself don't like the fact that I have to learn off of a video, but if I can it'd be great. So does anyone know any vids I could learn ground fighting from? Thanks :karate:

Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.

-Saul Alinsky

The soft and the yielding overcome the rigid and the hard, but few people put this into practice.

-The Tao Te Ching

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Of course I'm going to strongly discourage you from learning off a video. However, if it's all you have then there's lots of good videos out there.

http://www.gracieacademy.com/media.html

You can get the gracie videos here. Since you are just learning, start with the basics and stick to only them for about a year.

Be very careful practicing the techniques though. The key to getting good is to drill the techniques alot. You should only grapple once you feel very comfortable with the techniques. Remember also, there's no shame in tapping out. It prevents injury and gives you the chance to figure out what you're not doing right. Good Luck!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Thanks alot! :D I was looking all over the internet for videos to help me, never thought to search the Gracie family :roll: Haha, thanks again for your help, and I'm still welcoming videos from other people. Hopefully I can figure out alot of this.

Edit: I tried to get them to send me the free vids online and it wouldn't work, do you know how to get other free vids or maybe make this work?

Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.

-Saul Alinsky

The soft and the yielding overcome the rigid and the hard, but few people put this into practice.

-The Tao Te Ching

If you go on you tube there are tons of videos. Saulo Ribeiro has some. The gracies have some. Then there's are several that are just miscelaneous.

Just do a search for BJJ or Brazilian Jiujitsu.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 2 weeks later...