• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A thought.

TraditionalDan

I just thought I would share an inspirational thought I had whilst training last night.

It’s all to do with purity, and perfection. What karate-do is seeming to unveil itself more and more to me as.

I noticed how silent my personal dojo was whilst sitting in seiza, I noticed how pure the water, and nothing else I was drinking was.

The air which I was breathing, fresh in from the valley and the sea of which I often train overlooking.

My mind empty of thoughts, just having a sense of existing.

It seems to me that this, is probably as close as I can get to being ‘human’, or alive in it’s fullest form.

The energy that flows through me, my attention registered in almost every part of my body.

Surely this is when we are at our best, when we fulfil our experience as beings in this universe.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's a wonderful feeling isn't it! Glad to hear you've experienced it.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

At the Dojo where we practice (sadly I don’t have my own one at home like you) I love ending a super hard session with a bit of mokuso, during which you often get the experiences that you make reference to.

Then we go down the pub! :)

This is a great article by Tim Shaw from the Chelmsford Traditional Wado Karate Club where he goes into a bit more detail about Mokuso and the benefits.

https://www.wadoryu.org.uk/mokuso.html

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

Thanks for the article! Good read.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I do normally get these feelings, as I'm sure many of us do, but for some particuar reason I fancied writing it down. I have often thought about writing about karate-do, and I may do one day, possibly when I am older.

I have also come to find that, training in silence is of far greater benefit to the development of your karate, than training to music.

This may at first sound obvious, but its truth, often underestimated.

I just thought I would share an inspirational thought I had whilst training last night.

It’s all to do with purity, and perfection. What karate-do is seeming to unveil itself more and more to me as.

I noticed how silent my personal dojo was whilst sitting in seiza, I noticed how pure the water, and nothing else I was drinking was.

The air which I was breathing, fresh in from the valley and the sea of which I often train overlooking.

My mind empty of thoughts, just having a sense of existing.

It seems to me that this, is probably as close as I can get to being ‘human’, or alive in it’s fullest form.

The energy that flows through me, my attention registered in almost every part of my body.

Surely this is when we are at our best, when we fulfil our experience as beings in this universe.

Man, that's amazing, I wish I could get myself to that state of mind. Sometime I should try and do so, forgetting about everything, and just being yourself. Wow, sounds great :)

Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.

-Saul Alinsky

The soft and the yielding overcome the rigid and the hard, but few people put this into practice.

-The Tao Te Ching