• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mounted chokes and neck attacks.

Hey..... I dont handle tons of submisions from here.... Some advanced mates taught me a lot of submisions to neck or head from mounted. I just remember one arm triangle , a cervical with my elbows in the chest and my hands in the back of guy´s neck. Also a frontal mata leao.....

I dont wanna ask those guys 20 times about the same....

Do you have any suggestion ? Does anyone know some website with submissions from the mount ?( excluding arm bars , kimura, americana , etc)

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When you take away the armbar, kimura, and americana attacks, you are really limiting what you can do. Especially without the gi (which I know is what you do). You already mentioned the can opener, triangle and mataleao. There is also the baseball choke, but you need to go to the knee in belly and then to the side to get it. There's the head and arm choke (again, you will relinquish the mount to complete the submission). The ezequiel (sp?) also. That's alot of submissions. Instead of learning new ones, you may want to start learning how to set them up in combinations too.

Hope this was somewhat helpful.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I will work (and actually do) them in combinations. Of course , it is a long way to the top ( if you wanna rock and ROLL).

I just wanna watch some some clear pics and/or vids with new techinques. My plan is not to perform them right now , but just take a look to new alternatives.

Sometimes....I know several techiques , but I forget them when I am fighting...and when the fight is over I say : d´oh...I could have done X thing ....

So..what about that ezquiel and baseball chocke ?

Here's a good vid with lots of chokes. The very first one is the one I call the base ball choke. He starts from side, but you can get the initial grip from mount and then pop into knee in belly. The rest is very similar to how I do it. It can also be turned into a neck crank/cervical lock if you desire.

No problem! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

I ´ve shown the baseball choke I ve seen in the vid to another mate and he helped to do it in a more accurate way ( obviusly you cannont learn perfect from a video).

Its very good and hurts a lot when you connect it.But its kinda diffcult for me to apply when rolling with fast or strong guys.

Well, if it's hurting, then it's not being applied quite right. let the grip come around to the front of the shoulder.

As far as applying it quickly, you need to be pretty smooth with your knee in the belly movement. I like to get the grip while I'm in mount. Then I switch to knee in belly as they attempt to escape (this takes good timing and being ready for the escape attempt). I use the my knee to kill the arm and then sweep around the opponent. I like them to sit up as I apply it.

I'm not sure how much that helps. In the end, like every technique, it takes lots of practice to get the timing right.

Well, if it's hurting, then it's not being applied quite right. let the grip come around to the front of the shoulder.

I was trying to say that it hurts when you are the guy on the bottom.!

Yeah. I know what you meant. It's not a neck crank though (although it can be used that way), it's a choke. It shouldn't hurt, just strangle.