• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most Common Types of Attacksers

Normally here were I live an attacker is most commonly provoked when a person(s) have a verbal argument or are just angry at another person, object, thing, or idea. I also see a lot of people fighting in large groups against one person, most commonly improvising weaponry they find lying around the area such as sticks, rocks, toys, sand, and etc.

So what are some of the most common or rarest attackers that you know of?

People are bound not by limitation, but rather by the barriers of their imagination~~ Paul White-- 2004

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has you mentioned, ego plays a big factor in most attacks. If people are provoked verbally, then attacks that could normally be avoided will occur. Also its common for attacks to occur if a person wants something e.g. money, possessions, etc.

Finally, alcohol and drug use plays a large part in alot of attacks also. So much so that in our part of town the police have recently set up a unit that specifically targets licensed venues in an effort to reduce alcohol fueled violence and crimes.

Well.. I think that most common tipe of attackers are those who ask you for money in ´´good´´ manners ( Ie: hey buddy , dont u have buck for the bus ?...And when you say NO , they start to complain , and to escalate in higher levels of verbal agression, reaching a point when physical violence is impossible to avoid.

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• 6 months later...

Most of the encounters I see are do to alcohol, sadly. People drink too much and think themselves invincible.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

• 3 weeks later...

if your are talking about the attack itself then probably the sucker punch or the haymaker. always keep your distance. let them come to you. that puts them in your battlefield, not theirs.

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

• 2 months later...

Yup, booze. The number one factor in turning emotional distess into physical conflict world-wide. Or at least my little corner of it.

What this generally means for most people dealing with these idiots is that you will not be able to reason with them with any sort logic. Something to keep in mind while preparing for this typoe of conflict.

• 4 months later...

Most common I've heard of is groups of young adults or teens attacking one person. I guess they feel tougher or braver in numbers.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

It was some years ago, before my boys were born (and they're seven now), that I got out of my car at night and a guy was calling to me. At first I thought it was someone asking me something, but then with his foul language and mannerisms I realized he was a drunk. I walked over to my steps, with him still spouting, and I gave him the "Uh-huh, yeah, right" bit as I got up to about the third or fourth step.

He did walk over to me, and I was ready, being on the "high ground," to kick him right down the stairs. His mouth stayed foul, and I responded with something sarcastic like, "Wow, I'm afraid!" He looked at me, then looked away, and went on his drunken way, cursing either at me or the Man in the Moon, I have no idea.

I believe that if I had argued with him, maybe even stood there on the same street level, then there would have been a fight. As it turned out, I was ready, but he disappeared into the night. I'd never seen him before; I've never seen him since.

More than one member who posted has referred to alcohol, and I'm in agreement.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• 1 year later...

Drunk 18-20 year old males in nightclubs with a bit too much ego or feel thay have somthing to prove. Never seen any of them do someone any real damage though the bouncers in the places i go to keep a close eye.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community , against his will, is to prevent harm to others" (J.S Mill, On Liberty; 135)