• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think "traditional" tkd may be a misnomer.

I think the term "traditional" is a misnomer in itself.

Absolutely true.

Thanks! :D Its hard to get support on this statement at times.

May i ask what you mean by "traditional" is a misnomer in itself." ???

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

I mean that many people take the word "traditional" and think that it makes their style more credible than other styles. It is a term used to mislead others into thinking that their style is an "orginal" fighting style that is this old and has this lineage, and is therefore superior to anything else.

I see it all of the time with "traditional" weapons and "traditional" forms, etc, etc.

3 styles.

1) Muay thai or Burnese boxing : The sweetest science.

2) Luta livre ( No gi submision wrestling with Greco roman, free style wrestling take downs, plus a ground work = BJJ- chokes , locks ,armbars - , but with more emphasis in leg locks, and neck cranks allowed in all levels of training)

3) Escrkima/kali/FMA : For knife and melee weapon defense and use.

The M. artist of the style would engage in MMA bouts , grappling bouts and Filipino tourneys for endurance , and to get used to pain and fight when tired.

Also..A krav maga style of ´´action under stress ´´ would be implemented for self defense and awareness. Also... some tips about ´´reading ´´ potential dangers.

The trainees also will get instruction in first aids and knife/bullet wounds ( how to prevent losing blood , what to do , etc) .

All the training will be under a military like command.

You wanna show a Black belt...It will cost you sweat and blood .

To get your black belt...you MUST be able to

a) Have the same knowlegde of a luta livre BB (almost the same of a BJJ BB + perfect wrestling take downs)

b)Be able to resist a round against a skilled MT guy 20 lbs heavier than you. It will be under burnese boxing rules. No gloves , no nothing.

c) Disarm a resisting oponent armed with a knife ( rubber knife with paint ). If at the end of the fight you have stains in vital areas , you have to re-take the test in a month , If you fail. Have to wait a year)

d) Be able to bench press 1.2 times your weight and run 20 km.

The name Of the style : DMTG (dont mess with these guys)

If I could pick a 4th...It would be gun training.

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

ahh okay thanx for clearing that up. And yes i do agree with that.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

Very interesting, Rainbow_Warrior. You do have it laid out well, I'll give you that

I think that some JKD schools train in a similar way I said , but the ´´ black belkt ´´ -or high grade etc - is not that hard .

My ´´style ´´ is kinda bad guy from an old van dame movie :)

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• 1 month later...

This sounds VERY interesting...I would pick:

1. Aikido - for it's extensive body mechanics training and application in breaking the attacker's balance.

2. Hapkido - for its escape techniques and kicks.

3. Cobra style Kung Fu - for its extensive nerve striking techniques and science....

I would call it.....Bushido-Na (from Chin-Na), and to graduate with a black belt we will re-construct the famous hall of dummies from Shoalin and you would have to make it through all 108...crawling is OK, you just have to make it outside (no hot urns to pick up afterwards either).

:brow:

Using no Way, AS Way...

Using no Limitation, AS Limitation