• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you could choose three styles and mix them together, what would it be and what would its name be? Please describe what this style uses as well.

Personally I would mix Capoeira , Ninjitsu, and Drunken Karate and I would call it Drunken Ninjaoreira. This would offer many be more of a flashy style of martial arts keeping the opponent on the defense with a continuation of attacks such as the Capoeira kicks, the Ninjitsu grapples, and of coarse the Drunken Fist’s/Capoeira movements.

People are bound not by limitation, but rather by the barriers of their imagination~~ Paul White-- 2004

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would choose muay thai, japanese jiu jitsu, and krav maga.

this style would be called muay krav jitsu... i guess.

i think it would be a pretty good style because it includes all ranges of fighting. it will have kicks, punches, elbows and knees of muay thai. the grappling, tradition, and history of jiu jitsu. and the modern, street smart self defense of krav maga.

not a bad combo if you ask me.

Hmm mine would be palgwe jujitsu and tae kwon do

pal-ju-do...yeah.

"Sword-Chucks yo."

Yes, thanks a lot guys.  Hey, kamasandsais, that was something that you knew that I did not!! 
<---blackmail hahahahhaha bushido

I'd take Muai Thai/kickboxing for punching and kicking, Japanese Jiu Jitsu for pure self defense and take downs (knives, 2 vs 1 etc.), and BJJ for ground grapple if I'd ever get there. I think I would be a pretty well rounded fighter. I'd have good striking, good self defense against intangibles and takedowns, as well as good ground grapple.

• 3 weeks later...

I would use Jujitsu, Shaolin , and Bujinkan. I'd call it Bujolinjitsu, and it would be the best martial art ever, Jujitsu for grappling, shaolin for striking, weapons,and acrobatics, and bujinkan for weapons, effective throws and arm locks, and the cool tabi boots(lol). The Bujolinjitsu students will where a black jujitsu Gi, tabi boots, a ninja hood and mask, and a kung fu sash. :D

The system I practice already has mixed three different, and distinct systems some 300 years ago.

They are:

1. Okinawan Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Karate-Do

2. Okinawan Tuite (joint locks/grappling)

3. Okinawan Kobudo (weapons)

It is a very complete (IMHO) system and well rounded.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.