• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kamas

Have you seen the tonfa-like weapons that are used in Krabi Krabong? They looked very nice, and seem to be a bit longer than the tonfa, and much wider. They are called the mai sok.

I think so. Doesn't Tony Jaa use a set in Ong Bak?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Have you seen the tonfa-like weapons that are used in Krabi Krabong? They looked very nice, and seem to be a bit longer than the tonfa, and much wider. They are called the mai sok.

I think so. Doesn't Tony Jaa use a set in Ong Bak?

Don't know...haven't seen it yet. :roll:

• 2 months later...

I'm not familiar with that particular weapon, but from the description, yes - Tony Jaa used something the same, or extremely similar to the Mai Sok in the cave fight scene near the end of Ong Bak.

Peace

"We follow the World,

The World follows Heaven,

Heaven follows Tao,

Tao follows the way things are."

• 8 months later...

We do two kama kata.One is Kanegawa no Nicho Gama and the second one is Toyama no Nicho Gama.In actuality they are two variations of the same kata.

Tom Hodges

migi kamae,migi bo kihon ichi

• 2 months later...

An indication that Kama are starting to be taken more seriously is the fact that higher quality models are being manufactured now. I've seen differentially heat treated (same process as Japanese sword) Kama for sale, wickedly sharp enough for me to want to learn them myself. :P

Those are the ones. A long way from the junk that cornered the market for so long. The first pair I ever owned I mail ordered, one blade was loose and pivoted freely. I just knew if I swung it, it would fall apart and injure the neighbor, so to the trash bin they went. The Chens are gorgeous.