• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help/Advice needed...

TraditionalDan

This is something that I really have trouble buying into. I don't believe that any "honor" is lost by choosing to go from one school to another. I think it is more along the lines of trying to make people feel guilty for wanting to search out something new.

I think this may be a cultural thing too.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once I obtain my licence and a car I think there will be many more possibilities opened up, and for a good club, I will not mind the travel.

Definitely,

I could not train at any of the Dojo I visit if it wasn't for driving. I have only trained twice so far this week and clocked up best part of 100 miles.

And although we live on a smaller scale to our American cousins, anyone who drives regularly in the UK will tell you that driving 100 miles can take several hours!

Driving is important although in this day and age I suppose we should be conscious of our carbon footprint!!!

I tend to give some of my fellow Karate-ka lifts so I suppose that goes some way to reducing it. They don’t seem very forthcoming with the petrol money though. :roll:

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

Definitely,

I could not train at any of the Dojo I visit if it wasn't for driving. I have only trained twice so far this week and clocked up best part of 100 miles.

And although we live on a smaller scale to our American cousins, anyone who drives regularly in the UK will tell you that driving 100 miles can take several hours!

Driving is important although in this day and age I suppose we should be conscious of our carbon footprint!!!

I tend to give some of my fellow Karate-ka lifts so I suppose that goes some way to reducing it. They don’t seem very forthcoming with the petrol money though.

I don't suppose I could hitch a lift? :lol:

100 miles! Wow, that's some discipline in itself. But well done on picking up others, that's admirable.

It's something that I will bear in mind.

Once I obtain my licence and a car I think there will be many more possibilities opened up, and for a good club, I will not mind the travel.

Definitely,

On top of 2 local dojo I am currently doing a 340 mile roundtrip once a week to teach at another dojo. :)

Definitely one I would want to walk. :lol:

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum