• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Old nubie aboard

Givnal

Welcome Givnal. I started a year and a half ago when I was 40. While I regret not doing it earlier in my life, I'm glad to be doing it now. It's a great workout. Lost 15 pounds (now 210) and, more importantly, keeping it off. I'm more flexible now then I was 15 years ago. Plus, I've entered over a half dozen tournaments on the East Coast which is great for my competitiveness.

Keep going with the training and stick with it. The benefits will become even more evident over the next several months.

The only downside I have found in starting at this age is the re-coup time. After strenuous workouts and tournaments, it takes a little longer to get that hop back in your step.

Last, stick with Karateforums.com. There are some very helpful and insightful people on here every day to help with your training.

Best of luck to you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks Dano. It is a great site and there are some pretty talanted people here, Ive definanitly learned alot, especially about others training practices. Its given me some good ideas when training alone. I think Ive gotten to a spot where Im getting board with what Ive learned. I think another kata is going to be coming in my near future :D .

Its still fun but I have to be honest. My instructor was out of town for a month and I was training by myself. Not a bad thing as I have lots to work on, but I sure like feeding off his motivation. It keeps me in check and looking forward to the next training session.