• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wardrobe Malfunctions

KarateEd

I remember some years ago when I received my yellow belt in YWR-TKD that it was a bit longer than any other belt that I had worn before (or since, for that matter). I remember, when performing certain blocks or moving a particular way, that the ends of the belt would get caught on my arm. As I executed a move (usually happened with high blocks), it would pop me in the face! I remember testing and having to perform Palgue 2, which involves some high blocks, and having that belt smack me in the face several times! :x :lol:

Anybody else have any humorous "wardrobe malfunctions?"

Ed

Ed

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have seen the like happen before, too. :lol:

The problem I have is that I have to wear big uniforms, like size 7, but have to get them sized down to fit my arms and legs. What will happen from time to time is I will get a hand (theirs or mine) caught within my gigantic sleeve cuffs. It takes a second to get untagled at times! :lol:

I also used to have a belt problem. My green belt in TSD was too long. So, this one class, my instructor had us doing front kicks to spin back kicks down the floor. I did the front kick and my belt came up and popped me in the eye. I did the back kick and my ponytail whipped around and popped me in the other! Ouch! I couldn't see through the tearing the rest of the class.

I do wear slightly shorter hair and belts now LOL.

Laurie F

last Mondays class, I had decided to adjust my pant string before class.

this turned out to be a very bad idea , Sensei had us doing kick exercises with one student holding a pad and the other doing kicks from one side of the room to the other , well on my second round of round house kicks my pants dropped, I quickly raised them up and excused myself from the room. Was funny and embarrassing at the same time.. :lol:

We had a student that started tucking in her belt tips into her belt. The head instructor suggested it during a private lesson when it kept hitting her. She was 8 years old at the time. She started doing it in regular class and it became a dojo fad for a few months! :P

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

When I was a Brown Belt I was helping my Sensei demonstrate some kickboxing skills. Now this was many years ago (mid-70' :roll: s) when if you wanted to wear a protective groin cup it was just slipped behind a regular athletic supporter. During the middle of the demo I felt a slight shift in my equipment and the cup came sliding down my right pant leg, hitting the floor for all to see. Great laugh! I simply turned around and shoved it back in. I later looked for better equipment.