• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is sticky feet? Is it a two person drill? Is it in Wing Chung, Tai Chi, or is it in a different style? Is it good training in how to defend against a kick? Thanks.

Jay Johnson

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
we call it sticky legs in Wing Chun.It's a two man drill to develope sensitivity in the legs,same as the hands as in Chi sao.

You took the words right out of my keyboard. :lol:

Fighting arts that were not effective for fighting and selfdefense, never lasted long enough in martial arts history, to gain the Traditional Martial Arts - TMA - status.

Posted: Tue 03 Jul, 2007 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks. Is it more for defending against kicks, or just sweeps, someone trying to get you off balance?

The purpose of the Sticky legs drill is to develope the ability to detect the opponents movement through leg contact.With practice one can defend agaist any kick or intention.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

While I have never come across a definite thing that is called chi gerk, I ahve done other more traditional forms of this type of training. Strictly speaking, these things aren't part of Wing Chun and is more considered as part of basic training along with stances, steps and balance work. Once we got onto the dummy and the various leg work, those movements were worked back into our basics to make more sense of them.

Is taht how you guys learnt/trained this?

traditional chinese saying:

speak much, wrong much

does anyone have a vid of this?:

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Strictly speaking, these things aren't part of Wing Chun and is more considered as part of basic training along with stances, steps and balance work.

Sticky legs play a major role in Wing Chun training.Which is further devopled on the wooden dummy and the 3 stake kicking dummy.The legs should be develope to the same level as the hands.Once the hands and legs are developed then they can work together.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

I was talking about the type of basic training that we did. We have lots of various stepping drills that went through the typical types of steps, shuffles and knee lifts. There was also practice forms that worked on resistance and reaction to effect on our stance. Now these things, while part of training was never stressed as being Wing Chun. I did virtually the same exercises and drills in Hung Kuen as well as Mantis and White Crane. In practice, it was like a modified version of Small Plum Blossom with a live partner.

traditional chinese saying:

speak much, wrong much