• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stances: most mobile; most natural

Hart

The most mobile and versatile is the freestyle sparring stance with a slight zenkutsu-dachi. Basically though, it's pretty much any 50/50 sparring stance is fine.

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use a stance almost with a cat stance feel too it so when being rushed you can throw front leg kicks easily

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

• 4 weeks later...

I keep my self moving and my knee's a little bit bent. When I throw a technique say a Jab (front punch) and a cross (reverse punch) I am planted so I guess you can call that a front stance and then I am moving again.

i use a stance almost with a cat stance feel too it so when being rushed you can throw front leg kicks easily

I also prefer a cat stance. I've been known to also use a flat 90 as well.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

what is a flat 90?

The flat 90, for lack of knowing the Japanese term (shame on me) is a stance rather similar to the cat stance. Rather then being up on the ball of the front foot with all weight over the back leg, the front foot is flat with a weight distrobution of about 70/30 (back/front).

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

what is a flat 90?

The flat 90, for lack of knowing the Japanese term (shame on me) is a stance rather similar to the cat stance. Rather then being up on the ball of the front foot with all weight over the back leg, the front foot is flat with a weight distrobution of about 70/30 (back/front).

We refer to this as the back stance. The Japanese would be Kokutsu Dachi, according to my source.

i must say i think unknownstyle had a good point back stance is good for if you are beeing rushed from the front cuz front kicks are made simple however if u were flanked that back leg would be taken out and you would drop to the floor having all your weight on the back leg

i think when sparing your stance should variate depending on the situations, the amount oif people the size of the area, where your apponent is what techniques hes useing most. etc

should come naturaly