• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gay marriage/adoptions?

I wondered, Z, but I didn't think it would be polite to say that. Glad you're having fun. :roll:

They don't let them adopt, but they let them have kids in the first place. That's usually how they find out, a lot of the time they find out too late.

Too true. Now, in 1000 words or less and with no more than 4 visual aids, I'd like to see your plan as to how you would stop child abusers from having children. Since you feel free to criticize, I presume you have a plan. :wink:

Reasonable meaning not coming home staggering every night. There are probably very few people who will argue that getting completely drunk each and every night is reasonable.

You severely underestimate stupidity, gullibility and the willingness of the average politician to pander to the biggest idiots in the room. Some would argue exactly that; many more will argue that any alcohol use at all should disqualify anyone. Once we accept the idea that "we" get to decide what is reasonable in someone else's life, how do we decided which "we" gets to decide? Slippery slopes do happen.

* Ignorant Taekwondo beginner.

http://www.thefiringline.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, with the obscenity filter taking out the word g-a-y, this topic makes little sense now.

C'mon. Since when has g-a-y been an obscenity? It used to mean "happy", but now has become the defacto "politically correct/acceptable" word for homosexuals. I mean, 99% of homosexuals refer to themselves with this term.

What gives?

KarateForums.com - Sempai

{quote]

Too true. Now, in 1000 words or less and with no more than 4 visual aids, I'd like to see your plan as to how you would stop child abusers from having children. Since you feel free to criticize, I presume you have a plan.

Cruel and unusual punishment, wouldn't stop them having children but might discourage them from abusing the kids. Alternatively castrate and sterilise all known abusers.

You severely underestimate stupidity, gullibility and the willingness of the average politician to pander to the biggest idiots in the room. Some would argue exactly that; many more will argue that any alcohol use at all should disqualify anyone. Once we accept the idea that "we" get to decide what is reasonable in someone else's life, how do we decided which "we" gets to decide? Slippery slopes do happen.

I should get to decide, obviously. I know what's best for them. ;)

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

[color=indigo]So many things up the chances of child abuse in the home, like where it is located, how many children are in the family (only children are abused the most, followed by children in a home with 5 or more kids, kids in a home with two children are least likely), how many parents in the home, what kind of job the parents have, whether the child has any emotional or physical handicaps, etc. etc. Do you really think that it is at all possible to "stop" child abusers? No way, considering that while physical abuse is sometimes easy to spot, emotional and psychological abuse is much more common and it is many times harder to recognize and stop. In studies, less of a percentage of homosexual families abused the children in the home.

As a sidenote, why is "g@y" censored? I find that disgusting, since it is an alternative lifestyle that millions embrace, and the homosexual community isn't doing harm to anyone! Instead of "g@y" why not censor "murderer", "terrorist", "rapist", "criminal", and "Republican" (:lol: just kidding on the last one! :lol:)? [/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

I don't particularly need any remarks like "come on, blah" and "what gives?" and "I find that disgusting" and the like. If there is an issue, present it respectfully. We have installed a profanity censor, the afformentioned word was pre-packed into it and is often used with a negative connotation - I am suprised I have to explain this, I have removed it from the censor however, as we may find more words over time that may need to be removed from this pre written censor. "Kuk" was one just yesterday.

[color=indigo]I realized it was probably a pre-programmed thing, Patrick -- I was more talking about the company that made the censor....it's like when people try to post "Sh*to-ryu" and the likes....sorry if you took some kind of offense! :nod: It did kind of diminish the whole idea of having a thread on the issue - thanks for fixing it so quickly![/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Well, no company made it, as I said, in some communities it would be spoken in a negative connotation, like "that's so ---" and we won't allow those types of remarks around here, but most likely and hopefully we won't have them posted. :)

I see you like the new font colors. :)

:weirdlook:

CKStudent, they let known child abusers adopt children where you live? That seems . . . . odd. Are you sure?

Be careful about setting yourself up as Prince of the Universe. The problem with drinking a "reasonable" amount is the same as "reasonable gun control."

Who gets to define what is reasonable?

Er I think you'll find he said having children, not adopting them. Prince of the Universe? Huh? What you on? :-? :)

Aaaanyhoo... Most child abusers are parents of the children they abuse, stranger abuse is relatively rare. Also, FYI, around 80% of cases of infanticide are committed by victim's parent or parents. Sick, isn't it? In fact the transatlantic paedophile ring that was broken a few days ago in the USA and UK involved parents who were abusing their children, filming it, sending those images to others who sent their own children's abuse pics in reply. I know it's getting a bit off topic now, as all the "people" involved in this were straight, but honestly, some people shouldn't be allowed to breed at all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't particularly need any remarks like "come on, blah" and "what gives?" and "I find that disgusting" and the like. If there is an issue, present it respectfully. We have installed a profanity censor, the afformentioned word was pre-packed into it and is often used with a negative connotation - I am suprised I have to explain this, I have removed it from the censor however, as we may find more words over time that may need to be removed from this pre written censor. "Kuk" was one just yesterday.

Steady on now! It seemed more like a question than a criticism!

However, on a point of information, "gay" is seldom used as a pejorative term and was originated by gay people themselves. Homophobes tend to use other terms, SOME of which have now been "reclaimed" (but that is only really acceptable within the community in the same way that young black men have reclaimed a certain word for each other that will NEVER pass my lips or fingers!) In fact a lot of homophobes resent the fact the the word gay was used by gay people to describe themselves. They tend to grumble about "losing" the word in the meaning of "happy" or in describing a bright colour!

The origins of the word's use in the present context are unclear but, somewhat surprisingly, go back at least as far as the 1950s in Britain and may have started as part of the "double-speak" used by homosexuals at that time - called "parlare" - to speak about gay matters without being arrested, as homosexuality was illegal in the UK until 1967. (The word is used in "The Kenneth Williams Diaries" in the context of homosexuality.)

Some other words that the censor will probably pick up on are still used in the UK in legitimate conversation:

There is still a Yorkshire expression, "there's nowt so qu33r as folk" which just means, "people can be strange", or "well I never".

A d_y_k_e is something in the Netherlands used in securing polders from the sea and is also used in Northern England (though I suspect less so nowadays) referring to dry-stone walls as "dry-stain dykes".

In Britain the word "f a g" is a commonly used slang word for a cigarette and believe it or not, a "f a g g o t" is a funny sort of elongated meatball, as well as a name for a piece of wood (although these latter two words' usages are being replaced by the American pejorative meaning, sadly).

No judgement implied here as I am all for respectful language, just thought this might interest some of you! :wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~