• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gay marriage/adoptions?

As long as the family that adopts them is loveing and takes care of them the way adults should care for kids then I don't see why a gay couple should not be allowed to do so. Also it will allow the child to grow up with an open mind and have respect for all types of people. :smile:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should be allowed to adopt because there are so many children without homes. It is better than foster care. However, these children should recieve some sort of counciling because other children will MOST DEFINATELY harass them because of the odd nature of the situation. This is a fact because children are cruel.

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

Actually I was bullied for being white at school, and the school couldn't do anything about it because that would have been racism.

The current generation around their twenties or so seem to be a lot more liberal about such things, so we'll probably see in future.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

• 4 weeks later...

I am totally against Gay people adopting. Personally, I think its an immoral lifestyle and even from an evolutionary point of view its not natural. I have very strong religious views on that point that arent popular into todays "anything goes" lifestyle.

I just dont think its natural. Now some are promoting that child molestation is a natural urge. Are we going to allow that in 20 years too?

I am totally opposed to all this liberalism. A mother and a father make an even balanced contribution to bringing up a child. If nature wanted men to have babies, suckle them etc, it would have allowed for it.

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

I don't see how it's any of my business. The main point of two parents is to have two points of view on things and to have a partner who can carry the load when you can't. Two men or two women vs. a man and a woman is not that big a difference. You might prefer the kid to be with a man and a woman, but you wouldn't prefer two loving parents over an orphanage or a different foster home every year? I would.

The bullies at school truly are the ones with the problem, and that IS significant. It means that the bullies at school are going to bully the kid for SOMETHING. If it's not his gay parents, it'll be the fact that he's an orphan. Or fat. Or skinny. Or wears glasses. Or likes to read. Or doesn't read well enough. You get the picture.

As for homosexuality not being natural, we know it happens in nature (otherwise there would not BE gay people to debate about) so that sounds a little farfetched to me.

I don't think a lot of the things Southern Baptists do are moral, either, but that doesn't give me the right to tell them they can't raise children.

However, Rosie O'Donnell is an idiot and a hypocrite for reasons having nothing to do with homosexuality. And I don't mind her adopting children, but what burns me up is that she can apparently walk into a child-care office and have her adoption done in a few days. Also, I carry a grudge from that time she said she wanted me thrown in prison and the time she ordered my wife to steal my property while I was at work. :kaioken:

Meanwhile, my mother's friends, both stable, nice people with secure white-collar jobs, who had been married happily for ten years, could not adopt in the U.S. They tried for a couple of years, then gave up. It was so bad here that they took vacation time and moved to Peru for six weeks during a revolution to adopt their son.

Two years later they went to Korea to get their daughter. This time they didn't bother to try to adopt an American child. They were never given any reason for why they were denied, just constant assurances that it would "all be sorted out soon." For three years!

* Ignorant Taekwondo beginner.

http://www.thefiringline.com

lonewolf77531 go and introduce your self on the Indroductions forum.

Oh and I don't think gay people should adopt because the baby has no say if he wants to live the rest of his life knowing that he was raised by Gays, and live with them. i think the only people that should adopt is a married couple of a women and a man or at least if there together thats alright.

On 2002-07-10 10:18, Mankr wrote:

god made adam and eve not adam and steve

American laws, in my opinion and the opinion of the framers of the constitution, should not use the Bible as any justification for what is morally right and wrong. If two people love each other, they should have the oppurtunity to get married just like anyone else. Since two males can't have a child, they should be able to adopt one that wouldn't have a home anyway. Love is love no matter if it comes from a single mom, two dads, or a mom and dad!

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

No child ever has a say in whether he's raised by his parents. You really think the child raised by two gay people who love him is going to wake up horrified one morning with the thought--"hey, wait a minute! They were KISSING yesterday! Eeewwww!"

:roll:

What about a child who grows up and finds himself attracted to other men? He had no choice in whether he was raised by straight people and had to put up with all their strange (to him) ideas. It's worse for him, most likely. Most gay parents would not raise their child with a strong conviction that the child has to be gay like them. Many straight parents would.

Mankr, please define natural. You're the second one to throw that out there and I'm tell you that homosexuality is natural by anyone's definition.

God did not found our nation nor write it's laws. Its highest law states, in part, that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Simply put, God is not in this argument. If he's up there, and he really truly thinks that a man lying with a man is an "abomination" as the Bible says, then he'll mete out the punishment, not us.

* Ignorant Taekwondo beginner.

http://www.thefiringline.com