• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So, I'm checking out jiu jitsu classes and i'm really looking forward to it. My brother who is probably 250 lbs. , has a very bad temper, drinks alot of the time and his temper explodes out of no where, and is a really good fighter and very brutal when it comes to fighting. he want's me to teach him what i learn and stuff, which I say is a very bad Idea, one of the reasons i wanna learn martial arts is to make sure he never hits me or anyone else in my house again. what should I do? if i say no it may start a conflict and if i say yes my training will be of no use when he decides to fly off the handle again.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hmm... that's a tough one. There is a lot to each martial art. Possibly you could just show him some of the more benign theory-ish stuff.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

perhaos point out that you wouldn't really be in a position to be teaching him techniques as you are a beginner yourself, and ask that he comes to class with you instead. Perhaps the experience would teach him some discipline. It is however unlikely that he'll go with you isn't it?

perhaos point out that you wouldn't really be in a position to be teaching him techniques as you are a beginner yourself

This is a good idea. Furthermore, if he insists that you try to explain it anyway, just stall and do it wrong. This will prove that you just can't remember enough to teach him. Tell him you will have to practice those types of moves more and you can try again the next time your instructor reviews those techniques. (But who knows how long that will take! Could be months, or even years... riiiiiight? )

Paranoia is not a fault. It is clarity of the world around us.

I'm going to lock this thread due to having the same question in the General section. Here's the link if anyone would like to respond to the posters question. Thanks! :)

http://www.karateforums.com/what-should-i-do-vt31880.html

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi