• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

her some fights

these were the rules of the last major tournment I went too in LA,im from a WTF school, 1) no puching to the face,punching is aloud to the body but u get no pionts, 2)kicking to the face is aloud,but only to the side and back of the head,u can get away with a axe kick to the front of the face,3)no front kicks to the chin are aloud,Kicks to the face are worth 2 pts,Knockdowns from any kick are worth 4 pts,body kicks only to the sides and stomach are worth 1pt,no pionts for kicks to the back,No kicks lower then the waist,2pts for being kicked out of the ring theres 3 rounds of 2min each u fight for the whole 2 mins,theres no stopping when u get a piont like ATA schools, oh u can push but only with closed fists,TKO automatic win

TKD blackbelt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I LOVE ATA's style, punching is allowed and your taught to always block, its a really bad idea to kick yet not have your hands up. Too bad ATA concerns itself too much with money when they have an awesome style..probably the best i've ever studied of tkd..

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

I had not heard that the Olympic rules were going to start allowing punches to the head. When did this come about?? I think it would be good for the style, that is for sure.

It doesn't look a lot like sparring at our club, but we are ITF. I'm starting to think my school focuses a lot mor eon punching than the average TKD club. We often spend entire drill son just punching, and have sparring session with no kicking permitting (or only kicking permitted, or only kicking vs only punching, which is very tricky).

I guess I'm lucky in that my intructor has a boxing background as well.

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

I believe the reason for lots of Tae Kwon Do schools now emphazising in punching a lot in training is because they got a bad rap for concentrating on kicking and yet now want to show people that hey, you can punch if you are in Tae Kwon Do.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

It doesn't look a lot like sparring at our club, but we are ITF. I'm starting to think my school focuses a lot mor eon punching than the average TKD club. We often spend entire drill son just punching, and have sparring session with no kicking permitting (or only kicking permitted, or only kicking vs only punching, which is very tricky).

I guess I'm lucky in that my intructor has a boxing background as well.

That is awesome, I think. Swithing the sparring up like that makes one think more, and it also makes one focus on his weaknesses. (Hey, we need to get that Song of Ice and Fire thread going again! :D )

• 2 weeks later...

the fights were cool, very tkd. but the only thing that startles me a bit is that your dojang walls say...'our goal is black belt'. didnt you say your instructor is straight from korea, as in actually korean?

Yeah i noticed the same thing "Our Goal is Black Belt" in your style do they not teach you to coil kick recoil. Most of the kicks i saw the legs were straight the entire time. That leaves you open for someone to just grab your leg and throw you down on the ground. And are you allowed to do take downs or joint locks?

And are you allowed to do take downs or joint locks?

Most TKD sparring is relegated to stand-up fighting. That is why the sparring has evolved the way that it has; hands down, lots of round kicks.

My current school is unaffiliated with any association(I’m going to have to go to an association school eventually so I can do tournaments thou :( ). We basically spar full contact, I suppose if someone were to walk in during sparing we could easily be confused for a karate school were it not for the Korean flag and the jumping and or spinning kicks(This is because our master has learned other arts as well as TKD). Any way for Olympic style it was good.

The biggest cannon in the world is of no use against a skilled sniper. -Mao