• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

her some fights

I said I would post some fights,this is on my blackbelt test, Im fighting a 2nd degreeblackbelt,it was full contact face shots and everthing ,I did have bad form I will admit and was pushing I was very tired ,it was the 4th hour off my blackbelt test,it was a 5 hour test,and I already had to sparr for about 1 hour before that fight Im the red belt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Siw8TQmqqqs&mode=related&search=

this is me light messing around sparring with a 25 yearbrownbelt,that is very expirenced in kungfu and Caporio, Im the red belt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piRxFjflZm8 tell me what u guys think Ill post tournment vids later but I got to find my camera there not on u tube

TKD blackbelt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It tends to be, cross, when the Olympic style sparring rules are invoked. I personally don't like to see the hands dangling down at the sides. I prefer to keep mine up for blocking and punching. Head punches are typically not allowed, either.

If I were you, I would get the hands up, jam more and punch more. But that is my style; I like to punch.

Its sad,but at my school they dont teach punching,And im trying to break that habit about keeping my hands down but we were taught that also,To block from roundhouse kicks to the side and waste,Im leaving soon anyways Im feed up with the master hes been teaching for 30 years and is getting lazy Know,I teach the class alot and that sucks for me cause I dont learn anything, just stickin around for my blackbelt,Im going to take Hawian kenpo(chuck liddels style)and jiujitzu I live by chucks dojo

TKD blackbelt

That sounds great.

When what you are doing no longer conforms to what your goals are, then it is time for a change. Take with you what you can, and keep your mind open. Good luck in your future endeavors. Also, welcome to KF! :karate:

Is that a fairly accurate representation of what goes on at most tkd schools?

Actually it's worse than that. Olympic rules state that you can't push. So when two fighters get in very close they do what guys in my school call "chicken fighting" - they rub chest protector to chest protector with their arms straight out at the sides. :lol:

No wonder you don't punch, you guys don't wear hand gear.

They don't wear hand gear because they aren't allowed to punch to the face. I wonder what will happen as the new Olympic style rules allowing face punches trickles down to local tournaments.

ichi-go ichi-e

一期一会

one encounter, one chance