• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Congratulations to him and to you. Make sure that he knows that the black belt is only the beginning and that he is at the start of a rich and fulfilling journey that will last him a lifetime.

By the way, what style of karate does he practice?

He trains in Zanchin Combat Karate. 16 is the earliest age which black belt is awarded. He understands that black belt is the beginning of mastery of a system that it takes a life time to truely understand.

Thanks. It is good to see that he has a mature understanding of karate. I have never heard of Zanchin Combat karate. Is there a site that I could look at to find more info?

Fighting arts that were not effective for fighting and selfdefense, never lasted long enough in martial arts history, to gain the Traditional Martial Arts - TMA - status.

Tell him congrats!

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

How long did it take for your son to reach 1st Dan?

Well the answer to this is rather unuasal. Kamden has been training since he was 7yrs old. Our system does not promote black belts until they are at least 16yrs old. As an instructor, I would say that he has been technically ready for 1st dan for 2 years, but since our system is combat based (stun, stagger, kill) we don't allow promotion until 16yrs old. Honestly, in my systems history there has only been 5 or 6 black belts under the age of 21! My middle daughter is probably ready for black belt as well but is only 14, and so she will have to wait 2 years as well. Normally this would be difficult, but my students understand the rule and look upon it as an opportunity to sharpen their skills.

"Not every tiger will pounce, but every tiger may!"

K.Mabon

United States Combat Martial Arts Association International

Congratulations to him and to you. Make sure that he knows that the black belt is only the beginning and that he is at the start of a rich and fulfilling journey that will last him a lifetime.

By the way, what style of karate does he practice?

He trains in Zanchin Combat Karate. 16 is the earliest age which black belt is awarded. He understands that black belt is the beginning of mastery of a system that it takes a life time to truely understand.

Thanks. It is good to see that he has a mature understanding of karate. I have never heard of Zanchin Combat karate. Is there a site that I could look at to find more info?

Unfortunately no. I have recently been named the head of the system and will be working on a website in the future. The system is based on Special Operations Combat Karate developed by Grandmaster Christopher Kemp, and has elements of boxing,kenpo, shotokan,jujitsu and jkd. Grandmaster Kemp was a member of the Special Forces and used elements of the "kill or be killed" hand to hand system he learned in the 50's and 60's to develope this system. It is purely a combat system (we only teach kata at low levels, and focus primarily on self-defense and dynamic sparring), and in my view it is really effective (I have personally used the techniques as a soilder, police officer, and in a riot at a prison as well as in my personal life). If you have more specific questions send me an email and I will attempt to answer them. Thank you for your interest.

"Not every tiger will pounce, but every tiger may!"

K.Mabon

United States Combat Martial Arts Association International