• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In Pinan 3...

future_black_belt

Cool! I see him in shiko dachi, although it is hard to tell from that angle.

When I go to the dojo today, I'll ask some questions regarding why we do it differnently. But part of it is what Wa-No-Michi said, ''continually evolving''. But anyways, it is a great kata. I like it either way.

OSU!

All thoughts have consequences.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! I see him in shiko dachi, although it is hard to tell from that angle.

When I go to the dojo today, I'll ask some questions regarding why we do it differnently. But part of it is what Wa-No-Michi said, ''continually evolving''. But anyways, it is a great kata. I like it either way.

OSU!

To be honest swadoryu2000, what I think is irrelevant. The important thing is to do it exactly how your sensei teaches it.

My group "Wado-kai" does certain techniques a little differently to say the "Renmei" group does, but I still do it the way my group does it. Also bear in mind that even within the same group, instructors will teach things differently.

It shouldn't stop you however from being aware of how other groups / instructors do these, and after a while, you will begin to discern between what remains constant throughout all of the major wado schools - as opposed to instructor personalisation.

Until you are ready to do this, you must follow your instructor who (hopefully) has already been down this path.

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

https://www.banksy.co.uk