• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

jason david frank

hey i jus heard that jason david frank,( who many of u no beter as tommy from the power rangers) is going to be starting MMA soon and i wanted to no if any1 new who he was fighting and what MMA company will he be fighting for UFC, Pride, etc.

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I seriously doubt if you will EVER see any celebrity enter UFC, Pride, etc.

Why?

Think about it for a moment. They make how many MILLIONS of dollars to be an actor (even a bad actor) in a series, why would they jeapordise their face or limbs, not to mention their actign career, competing for a meager few THOUSAND dollars in prize money?

Would Van Damm (however you spell it), Segal, Norris, Jet Li or any other martial arts actor enter the UFC/Pride? Nope...not going to happen. They have to much to lose, and little to gain.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

I seriously doubt if you will EVER see any celebrity enter UFC, Pride, etc.

Why?

Think about it for a moment. They make how many MILLIONS of dollars to be an actor (even a bad actor) in a series, why would they jeapordise their face or limbs, not to mention their actign career, competing for a meager few THOUSAND dollars in prize money?

Would Van Damm (however you spell it), Segal, Norris, Jet Li or any other martial arts actor enter the UFC/Pride? Nope...not going to happen. They have to much to lose, and little to gain.

maybe for most mainstream actors but Jason already is in the blackbelt halll of fame, has his own chain of martial arts dojos 1 of which him and his wife teach themselves, still competes in tournments ( but i guess that might be hard when the people he's fighting are so star strucked that there fighting someone they probably idolized as a child they do even care about the match anymore :lol: ) and is the CEO & president of ISKA kickboxing, which im sure u have heard of.( and also can kickbox to)

he is more 1 of those people who has acted in the past and still loves it, but is not consumed by it and still mantains other jobs.Just like Bruce Lee did with his acting career and teaching his junFan kungfu institute and he tao of jeet kune do seminars.

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

Just like Bruce Lee did with his acting career and teaching his junFan kungfu institute and he tao of jeet kune do seminars.

However, Bruce Lee never competed. He didn't really have any use for competitions.

http://media.www.siude.com/media/storage/paper1096/news/2007/06/19/OtherSports/Power.Ranger.To.Fight.In.Cage-2916017.shtml

It will be in the Illinois Cage Fighting Event. He has wanted to do this for a long time, but Disney (owner of the Ranger shows) has kept him away due to contractual issues.

bat

Being a shodan is about learning what you DON'T know about what you know.

If you look him up on the internet, he has fought and won many times in sparring championships. I am sure he will be competitive in what he wants to try. He was a Martial Artist long before he was a power ranger.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

• 3 months later...

my understanding is he wasn't able to get involved in it because of various other things. i know he owns and operates a dojo in san fernando,ca called rising sun karate. and like someone else said disney has kept him from doing it due to contracts issues. this was supposed to happen a few years ago too. don't think it was that recent as the picture i seen with the article he still ahd long hair and has since cut his hair short.

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed."

-Booker T. Washington