• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fighting someone who has no control

actually, the way the chinese styles have developed over the centuries, if you have a decent enough understanding of the basic moves, you can pretty much decipher the tai chi forms into their constituant useable parts. Generally, speaking, the various styles out there aren't actually that different when it comes to execution. The biggest differences are in the way in which they train and what they train with. Strip away the superficial aspects and you are going to be left with the same principles no matetr the style. Four doors, 12 roads, inside, outside, bridges, gates of strength, root. They just might all call them same thing.

traditional chinese saying:

speak much, wrong much

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely in the street you will be attacked like that but for class purposes i'd talk to him. We have a student like that, but he is mentally..uhhh... not on the 'up and up' i suppose you could say and he has aggression issues, very badly. the black belts are fine with him, but it is my students i fear for when he fights, so we had to talk to him because we didnt want him hurting and lower ranks but if he hurt any black belts it was theyre own darn fault and they should know better.

Not sure if delievering harder punches would be a good thing. Sometimes it just fuels the fire. I agree with most of the post and try to avoid his punches/kicks and work on your foot work on him. (also i've found most hot heads tend to leave their head open) just somethen to look for :D

Not sure if delievering harder punches would be a good thing. Sometimes it just fuels the fire. I agree with most of the post and try to avoid his punches/kicks and work on your foot work on him. (also i've found most hot heads tend to leave their head open) just somethen to look for :D

yes actually it does fuel the fire, and i do it intentionally, heres why...no matter how hard he goes on my he's still going to end up face down on the floor. and youre exactly right, his head is very open and his timing is very off but i know that if i hit him in the head, i would undoubtedly clock him a good one, so i take the path of mental control and dont :lol:

Lol i tend to be hot tempered sometimes i get a surprise rush that is hard to control. so i was speaking from experance. Sometimes tho clocking him in the head is a no no as well i seen a guy lose total control and grab a bo (thank god he was kicked out) so yeah depends on the person i guess

There's also the point that if you perform a structurally correct punch against someone who doesn't have as good as form as you do, you might not actually be applying that much strength but they still crumple. Sometimes, poor skill from one partner makes the other seem heavy handed when it might not be the case.

traditional chinese saying:

speak much, wrong much

There's also the point that if you perform a structurally correct punch against someone who doesn't have as good as form as you do, you might not actually be applying that much strength but they still crumple. Sometimes, poor skill from one partner makes the other seem heavy handed when it might not be the case.

yes that is very true, with this one particular student iam talking about i make sure form is there before power. i dont hit him hard but he absolutely positively makes it out to be more than it is. its actually quite funny because if i actually hit as hard as i could, he would sure as heck know it. :o