• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How does this school look (in Hacketstown, NJ)

krunchyfrogg

http://www.isshin-ryu.com/

I know this is a style I'm interested in persuing. I've been out of the game much longer than I would have liked, and really want to get back into this.

I don't know much about how much I should be paying, so I'd like to have some of you experts check this out and let me know if this is too much or if it's a good deal:

Monthly Fee Schedule

One Class / Week - $45.00

Two Classes / Week - $65.00

Three Classes / Week - $80.00

What I really do like is that there are no contracts and no promotion fees.

I've never been much into tournaments, but it looks like the ones hosted here are for charity.

There is a IWKA tournament coming up in a few weeks. Would it be a good idea to attend this tournament to get a feel of whether or not I'd like it?

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Have you gone to the school to check it out and ask questions yet? That is where you will get your best answers from. I am kind of surprised that they charge based on how many classes you will attend per week. That doesn't offer much flexibility.

Have you gone to the school to check it out and ask questions yet? That is where you will get your best answers from. I am kind of surprised that they charge based on how many classes you will attend per week. That doesn't offer much flexibility.
I have not gone there in person yet. What questions should I be asking?

-- Jackie Robinson

-- Edmund Burke

Also, although the charges are weird, are they fair?

-- Jackie Robinson

-- Edmund Burke

I have not gone there in person yet. What questions should I be asking?

Ask anything from the school philosophies on self-defense, teaching in general, competitions, anything that you think is relevant to your interests and training needs.

As far as the fees go, I don't like the set up. Just me, though. It doesn't mean that it won't be a good school.

Also, although the charges are weird, are they fair?

We actucally have a similar set up at our school. You pay for a set number of lessons each month but if you miss one, the lesson you missed kinda gets banked for whenever you want to use it or if you wanna extra lesson you just pay a top up fee for that lesson. I hope I explained that ok.

Never had any problems with this system before. On the plus side you don't have to deal with all the admin every session, you can just get in there and train and my instructor ensures that he has income for that month. The dowside though is that youu have to put out at the begining of the month rather than spreading the cost.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius