• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shotokan: The Art of War

Cheradenine

I am interested to know if anyone has seen or heard about this 4 dvd set.

http://store.legendtv.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=45&osCsid=166b779ba944b95166035355a03357c9

It is on special at the moment and the trailer looks very good. It has a few decent reviews on the site but can't find much info elsewhere. Check out the preview vid attatched.

I have ordered it, should be a couple of days away. :karate:

Edited by Cheradenine

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hmmm...actually, that's pretty darn good stuff there. To tell the truth, as some of you know anyway, Shotokan had never really impressed me before watching that video. I was definitely impressed at the speed, timing and good techniques there though. Good stuff! :karate:

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

I've seen tidbits of the vids myself. I'll say this - they impressed me more then any other Shotokan related thing I've seen.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

I've never seen it. But it looks pretty good.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that a lot of the material on these videos is from the 1970/80's, when the UK and the world were blessed with top JKA instructors such as the late and legendary Keinosuke Enoeda who taught Shotokan, the hardcore way, and who inspired and demanded the best from their students. They did not cut corners and worked their students hard and with discipline.

Unfortunately there aren't many senseis of their calibre around nowadays. The few that are around cannot use the same teaching methods as before as they would not have many students in their classes.

Fighting arts that were not effective for fighting and selfdefense, never lasted long enough in martial arts history, to gain the Traditional Martial Arts - TMA - status.

3 Weeks since ordering and it still hasn't shown up yet. But they have been very understanding and if it still hasn't arrived by next week they will send another set for free. I pretty much know the trailer by heart now!!

Damn int'l postage... :kaioken: