• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Royce Gracie fails drug test

Well we actually should give Royce a little bit of "devil's advocate" time here. He has stated in an email interview with Sherdog.com that he got all of his supplements from GNC. Now, I know for a fact that GNC has in the past sold several different kinds of supplements that in the past were fine, and are now illicit in several states (and athletic venues) namely pro-hormones. I'm not sure about the product/steroid/banned substance in question, but couldn't that be something that was actually sold at a GNC type of store?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hard to tell. Something will go onto the store shelf, and a few months later, it will be found out that something in it isn't coshere, and the product gets pulled. Also, like you mentioned, some venues don't allow some things to be used, although they are not illegal. A deeper investigation is probably warranted.

Anabolic steroids are not in anything sold at GNC or in any other over-the-counter places. It's illegal to sell.

Being a practitioner of Gracie Jiujitsu, I must say that this turn of events is really disturbing to me. I was just with Pedro Sauer over the weekend and he let us listen to Royce's voicemail thanking him for his support. If this turns out to be true, it's really going to hurt his reputation. I just wonder what the old man is saying to him in Spain right now.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Wow that really sucks since he won't be able to fight during his probation period. Also I kinda had a feeling this was going to happen sooner or later since MMA is mostly boxing from what I've watched.

I have ninja monkies in my brain and they are using it as a trampaline.

Anabolic steroids are not in anything sold at GNC or in any other over-the-counter places. It's illegal to sell

True, true, but there have been many synthetic types of anabolic steroids, or pro-hormones that have been sold through GNC and other type stores, I remember reading the backs of a few products (don't rememer what, it's been a year or so) and having side-effects including gynoclamastia (sp?) and testicular shrinkage are HUGE red-flags to me to say, hold on... these are steroids, like it or not, I've seen them there a few times, why do you think "pro-hormones" are now deemed illegal, because they very closely mimic anabolic steroids.

ALSO, think about it this way, what's illegal here, isn't illegal elsewhere. I'm quite certain that it's easy to obtain and be cleared to use steroids in Canada and Mexico (IIRC)