Royce Gracie fails drug test

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that... and I'm a bit surprised that Sakuraba lost.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Wow. I don't really know what to think. We like to think the Martial Arts family is above this, with all the push for integrity, respect, discipline, etc. The bottom line, though, is that Martial Artists are all human as well, and not all share the same beliefs and philosophies. There are bad apples in every bunch. It is really too bad.

Explanations would be interesting. The fine doesn't seem all that stiff, but I guess it is because I am used to seeing the bigger salaries of pro sports in America.

Wow, I can't believe that. I've checked a number of different news outlets and they're all saying the same thing. I guess as certain areas of the martial arts become increasingly dominated by the pro-sports ethos we'll see more of this.

I'm not surprised. Martial artists are human like everyone else, and make mistakes. Honestly? I'd be surprised if it were a traditional stylist, since they seem to be more apt to follow the honorable code of the warrior. As it were, a mixed martial artist using performance enhancing drugs doesn't surprise me. Unfortunately.

There is no martial arts without philosophy.

I can't find this being reported anywhere else- anyone else know of a second source?

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

I'm not surprised. Martial artists are human like everyone else, and make mistakes. Honestly? I'd be surprised if it were a traditional stylist, since they seem to be more apt to follow the honorable code of the warrior. As it were, a mixed martial artist using performance enhancing drugs doesn't surprise me. Unfortunately.

I am not so sure that it is soley related to the Mixed Martial Artist, and I think it is kind of unfair to classify it that way. Anyone who would compete on any kind of national level could be getting into stuff like this. It just so happens that these sanctioned events have a testing system, whereas others may not. I think in the future, this may turn up in more areas more often. The only reason that you wouldn't hear about it coming from a "traditional" stylist is because most don't do anything to get into the national spotlight.

I can't find this being reported anywhere else- anyone else know of a second source?

The Sweet Science

Wrestlemag

It may just be my prejudices (in fact it almost certainly is!) but I'm with YoungMan on this. If it was going to happen anywhere it was going to be MMA. Only because it is dominated by such a pro sport "win at all costs" ethos. we've seen it in boxing (I don't know about kickboxing, K1 etc?) and I think MMA was always going to be next.

I am not so sure that it is soley related to the Mixed Martial Artist, and I think it is kind of unfair to classify it that way. Anyone who would compete on any kind of national level could be getting into stuff like this. It just so happens that these sanctioned events have a testing system, whereas others may not. I think in the future, this may turn up in more areas more often. The only reason that you wouldn't hear about it coming from a "traditional" stylist is because most don't do anything to get into the national spotlight.

I agree, anytime there's competition involved, there's a temptation to cheat. Doesn't matter if it's the Olympics or pro sports, or even amature fighting. It's sad because he's such a big name.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1